An Elegant Helmet For A More Civilized Age

Yep. It’s made of duct tape.

The front is made out of a flimsy mask from a Boba Fett Halloween costume. It was pretty bad. I only got it because it was 75% off. I just covered it with tape to both strengthen and color it. The back presented more of a challenge though.

I just took a piece of printer paper and covered it in tape. Once it had some durability, I taped it to either end of the mask. The back half of the dome is only tape. I put a bunch of strips connecting the paper to the top of the mask, then put tape on the inside to finish it. Of course, I put a bunch of layers until it was relatively solid.

To finish off, I just covered the inside with tape.

It’s an executioner style of helmet. Here’s the inspiration:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0784/0133/products/2015-06-20_12.43.01_1024x1024.jpg?v=1437417045

Lastly, here’s a video of it:

It’s super cheap and flimsy, but it does its job. And hey, it’s made of the most durable stuff on earth :skull: :+1:

20 Likes

Lookin’ good!

1 Like

6 Likes

Construction from Tape?
Your my man…

2 Likes

Now you need some armour

1 Like

How did I know you had made this by simply looking at it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This looks pretty cool! Good work!

1 Like

sick helmet

1 Like

looks amazin’ man

1 Like

:alien:

Yee. That’ll be a lot harder to make.

I donno. People constantly use me and I end up in the back of a garage? Thanks though :smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s actually very impressive!

1 Like

TBH looks pretty bad

1 Like

Yee. It looks better both in person and from a distance. Idek why the pictures came out so bad…

Hm?

Oh. This isn’t Republic Commando. Move along, then.

1 Like