An Official Statement Regarding Jon

Listen, In my mind I am by no means entitled to an explanation. I think the safety of the cast should come first, and if that means no explanation, then thats okay IMO.

2 Likes

Alright people, place your bets. Whose going to get the ax next? /s

In all seriousness, I’m conflicted by this. Jon has always been my least favorite cast member, always coming off as slightly pretentious in some areas, IMO, but overall he seemed like a nice enough guy. He always gave updates in the Patron Discord Chat and was usually pretty friendly and there were some good discussions to be had. To see this happen out of the blue, and it does seem out of the blue this time is shocking, but it’s not like I’m exactly sad to see him go per se.

At the end of the day, I hope this brings the current cast members closer together and serves as a point for nothing but improvement going forward. Wishing you guys the best of luck.

16 Likes

LMAO :joy:

TTV is dead

5 Likes

I agree we aren’t entitled to one and that the cast and crew safety should be the number 1 priority. If TTV had just said something similar to the eljay scenario is have nothing more to add but to come out and say “we failed” and thanks for the continuing support without giving even general details about the situation seems off to me. They arguably were more forthcoming about the eljay situation than this and probably more so than they needed to be.

Given the nature of the statement speculation is going to run wild about what happened and it will inevitably lead to some people jumping to some pretty extreme conclusions, especially in conjunction with prpl leaving even though that could easily be completely unrelated.

It doesn’t need to be intimate private details, other names shouldn’t be mentioned but for this action to actually mean something they shouldn’t be even more vague than when eljay was fired.

5 Likes

Yeah, it does say something when you fire another long term member with an answer more vague than “personal conflicts.”

6 Likes

Like Prentice, I was never a huge fan of Jon, but it’s still sad to see him go. Hopefully he does well in his future endeavors, whatever those may be.

Now, there are some people who feel TTV is nearing the end with all that’s happened in the past couple of months. Personally, I want people to think of this as the rebirth of TTV, not the beginning of the end for them

17 Likes

Again? Whatever.

1 Like

rebirth is a difficoult thing to do thou, especially if you end up being unable to find someone who can fill the void those people left. A worse part that may happen with two people leaving on the same day, is that it may scare away possible future recruits for the TTV crew.

The reason why is that people may start to wonder why two people would leave on the same day.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for the scandal.

Ok, maybe rebirth was the wrong word to use. It’s more of a restart then it is a rebirth

2 Likes

This is pretty heart-wrenching. I haven’t really listened to the podcast since bionicle ended the second time, but I owe a lot to it, and you guys. I’m in college now, but at times in high-school i had a hard time socially and often felt very isolated from my classmates. The window into the friendship of TTV cast more than often helped my feel not so alone, even if I really was.

Moving on is a part of life. I still drool over that huge new millennium falcon set, and Tahu’s original kanohi will eternally rest on my desk along with my funko bobbleheads; even though my main interests are more around film and art now. The memories of your guys’ podcast and friendships are like that. They’ll always be a part of who I am, and I’ll never forget that you all gave me a place to turn when everyone else seemed a million miles away.

I guess I’d just like to show some thanks for what you did together. Even if your channel and individual lives are changing, and you’re parting ways, carry the good memories with you. Sorry if that’s too deep and sentimental lol. You guys do great stuff.

19 Likes

The TTV staff purge of 2018 has begun.

7 Likes

This is so out of nowhere. It’s sad every time a member leaves. Two in one day though…
Hopefully you guys will come back from this in full force.

4 Likes

“We will never fail you again.”

I don’t like to be negative, and try to give the benefit of the doubt when I don’t know. BUT, you already have failed me again. Eljay got dropped, Jon got dropped. Growing up, my mom told me that if you have problems with everyone around you, maybe it’s not everyone you know who has a problem, maybe it’s you.

I don’t know what went on, and until I do I won’t assume anything to be true, but my standing good faith that whatever happened with Eljay wasnt without decent reason, and that everything that goes on internally must at least be reasonable and considerate, and that the decisions made regarding the cast are done with care and good will, has been lost.

Sorry, but at this point I am no longer confident in the direction of the TTV channel. I’ll continue to watch, I enjoy your content and I’ve been a long time fan, but, well, if this is the trend, the problem might be within, not outside.

I hope to see more from Jon in the future as well, and will continue to follow him as long as he makes that possible.

15 Likes

I’ve also pretty much stepped away from the TTV community as a whole. I understand your reasoning a hundred percent.

2 Likes

I mean there’s a reason this action was taken…

8 Likes

So, despite being a bit sad about this and Prpl, I honestly don’t have much of a problem with either. I mean, if this is how things went, I can always adapt. I dunno if it’s because I haven’t been caught up on the podcasts much or I just never had that much attachment or both, but the decision’s already been made. Personally, I’m just gonna go about my day and wish everyone involved best of luck in the future.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the Jonathan juan show

6 Likes

Oh dear. That’s truly a shame.

1 Like

I mean, that depends on who everyone around you is. If you are visiting an insane asylum… This is a joke, please don’t hurt me.

3 Likes