The Real Reason Kahi Was Fired (megaofficial)

Somehow, I might’ve know it’d been something like this. I didn’t know all of the specifics, nor did I feel the need to voice any theories. Though I can’t say I’m surprised that they were more or less correct after reading the dossier. Nothing upsets me more than seeing people get driven away from the things they enjoy like that.

6 Likes

Honestly, while I wasn’t expecting it to be nearly this bad, it doesn’t really surprise me. The timing of Prpl’s (short-lived) departure and Kahi getting fired were too close for something like this to not be the case. That said, I was expecting more a few crass comments that got taken too seriously, not creepy and stalkerish behavior like this.

8 Likes

Honestly I thought it was petty infighting… And I wish it actually was. It’s a shame this is what it had to come down to.

One thing I don’t get: when Eljay was temporarily fired, how come the TTV cast was saying Eljay did something wrong to ruin his reputation? Here he seems to be completely innocent. So I’m very confused.

32 Likes

Oh, oh that’s bad. I thought it was because of fights, I had a small suspicion due to prpl’s timing but wow.

7 Likes

Wow, that is so bad I don’t even know what to say. Actually I know what I would say, but it’s not appropriate for the message boards…

All I’ll say is as someone who considered him to be one of my favorite cast members, I hope he never shows up again. My sympathies go out to Purple and Pweffie, that is some seriously disturbing stuff no one should experience.

10 Likes

It sucks to see that this was why Jon was fired. Nobody should act like this and think it’s okay because it’s not, AT ALL. I’m glad prpl and phweffie came forward to share their experiences and be able to take that weight they’d been holding on their shoulders for who knows how long. Now let me go back to the statement I made in the original topic

I still agree with most of the points I made in the original topic, as the past two months have shown that TTV was able to benefit from this greatly, as they went back to being just a group of friends having fun on a podcast instead of a full-blown business and have even expanded a bit with the addition of deadmatoro and the return of Kini. I also feel the changing of the guard in terms of the moderators (which was unrelated to all of these events) helped usher in this new post-Jon era of TTV. However, one thing I would change is the second sentence of the first paragraph to “Hopefully, he gets the help he needs, as I think that would be best for everyone involved in this horrible situation” as nobody outside of TTV knew the severity of the issues at the time.

To end off my somewhat rambling post, I leave you all with the tweet(s) I posted regarding this new chapter of TTV:

And so a new chapter of the TTV Channel legacy officially begins. While the last chapter did not begin or end on the greatest terms and will probably never be forgotten, it feels good to know that this new chapter provides a fresh start to those involved in this story and gives the future of the story a new and interesting look with new characters joining the fray and old ones returning. The end of this previous chapter came as a surprise to everyone outside of the story, however, it could not have been completed without the courage of prpldragon and phweffie coming forward. If anybody was to be considered the heroes of this chapter, it would have to be them. And for that, I say thank you for doing what you did. I also feel very honored and privileged to be a part of this new chapter as a part of the new mod squad and hope to be a part of this ever developing story for the foreseeable future.

Onwards and Upwards,
BioKnight

20 Likes

Well, from how they worded Eljay’s departure, it always sounded more like continuous toxic arguing. Now that we know that Kahi was manipulative and actively plotting to get rid of Eljay, it seems likely that he tried to instigate things with him continuously in order to paint a negative narrative against Elijay. This would help Kahi to have some type of “evidence” when asking the other members of TTV to fire Eljay.

That’s just speculation, but I look after the older elementary school kids in an after school program. I’ve seen this type of manipulative narcissism a lot.

Anyway, this is all disgusting. I sure hope Kahi looks at what he’s done and realizes that he needs to make some changes when it comes to how he treats and views others. Yeah, speck in their eye, log in our own and all that… but I sincerely don’t think it’s wrong to say that he needs psychological help for his narcissism. His tendencies are almost borderline sociopathic.

18 Likes

According to Jon, Eljay had gone on a rant about how he was “better” than Jon. Feel free to take that with a grain of salt, but I imagine that Eljay was actually talking negatively about Jon and Jon took it very seriously (whether or not Eljay meant it that seriously).

I’m inclined to believe that it was something minor that Jon took too seriously, since he later says during the interview that Eljay is a wonderful person.

~W12~

11 Likes

I never liked Kahi/Jon in the first place , but holy crap this only inflamed my dislike of him and I hope the people he’s hurt are able to move forward

6 Likes

It was sabotage. I think Kahi purposely pushed Eljay to ruin his own reputation, because that would be part of the coup Prpl mentioned. Like Eljay probably had something to do with his own firing, but Kahi was most likely the root of it.

14 Likes

When i read this a few days ago it really rustled my jimmys. I alway thought there was something weird about him but i figured it was just a social thing but ■■■■ kahi

7 Likes

Disturbing and bizarre. Hard to believe TTV could operate while this was going on, especially since WE COULD HEAR IT DURING PODCASTS.
Here’s a tip, kids. When this happens in real life, everyone is forced to sit through a power point presentation on how to behave like a normal person.

5 Likes

That’s one of the disturbing things about situations like this, chances are you may have seen signs of what’s been going on. You don’t have the full context there, and figure that it’s odd but not really a big thing either. And once you learn the full extent of things, suddenly everything makes sense and you wonder why you didn’t pick up on it much sooner.

11 Likes

As if i couldn’t like kahi less.

first his arrogant attitude towards the users on the boards, and now… this.

yeah, i feel safe saying this-

good riddance, kahi.

8 Likes

Like I said before, I don’t really pay much attention or care about the staff members, save for Eljay, but I can tell Kahi was already pretty disliked overall before this.

4 Likes

Something like that

I was actually not very aware there was an issue that bad going on at the time

11 Likes

As someone who’s been following TTV since early 2016, this is truly disheartening.

9 Likes

The podcasts were clear indicators that Pandemic Panda had created a toxic environment. I honestly don’t know if you were out of the loop or not.
A normally creative person is uncomfortable sharing her thoughts during a podcast, and is then screamed at for speaking up: https://youtu.be/ss7GgrWHTDQ?t=4180 I’ll find the others later, but I think #2 and #9 also had examples.
To quote Prpl: “I had to bail out of a podcast recording cuz I didn’t feel comfortable being around him”
To quote Phweffie: “describing _ thoughts he’s had about me to other members while drunk”
“…manipulated staff into firing Eljay…” Something about being jealous of better staff members…
Something about Brickfair Virginia?

11 Likes

I wasn’t on every podcast and it’s not like I knew 100% what would be going on behind the scenes between the two of them because it wasn’t communicated to me. The times I was on the podcast with them there weren’t unpleasant experiences where I could tell there were issues.

Of course I was there for the other stuff and not satisfied with the results of say, Eljay but that’s a whole different issue, I’m just speaking from my experience from when I specifically was on the podcast itself

12 Likes

Holy Granoli! yeah this is really bad. Glad he’s gone.

3 Likes