Ancient the Dark Hunter

Huh, now that I think about it, I don’t even remember why I built this revamp… Probably it’s somehow linked to my MOC of TSO from a while back, though.

Anyways, here’s a revamp of the Dark Hunter known as Ancient. Tried to stay pretty close to the original and I think I succeeded there. Unfortunately he’s so beefy that articulation suffers a bit (especially in the shoulders).

Not much else to say, really. Yes, there is the possibility that I’ll revamp more Dark Hunters. Yes, I should probably focus on my Makuta revamps instead. No, I’ll likely not listen to myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

With TSO

Close up of the launcher.

Usually I don’t like having guns in Bionicle, but after carefully considering the original’s build - as well as the information that Ancient’s Rhotuka launcher has a rapid fire mechanism - I came to the conclusion that it always was supposed to be a Rhotuka gun-thing. So here’s my interpretation of it.

Yeah, well, that’s it - enjoy

C&C as always appreciated!

50 Likes

Daaang! You nailed it. Its so obviously Ancient, but just, better.

4 Likes

Oh my. This. Looks. Awesome!.
9/10 all the gold is in the chest and on the shoulders. Making the color scheme look a bit inconsistent. But overall…‘I wish I had this on my desk it’s so cool!

1 Like

Absolutely fantstic build! The shapong os great!

2 Likes