Anima Textoris || Velika, The Soul Weaver (Great Being)

Hello fellow compatriots to yet another build! This time I present Anima Textoris, which in Latin means ‘The Weaver of the Soul’. This great being has gained such a name due in part of their mastery of linking empty vessels with the artificial souls of the Matoran Universe. Mainly in thanks to his staff that amplifies his magic. Yet his presence amongst his fellow kind would lead to his inevitable disappearance. Some believed that his research was leading to something more than the ghost in the code. with only few glatorian hearing his messages across the stars. Under the new name Velika.

The Soul Weaver was a character designed in a way that could envoke a polar opposite in how we see Velika present themselves. Even bordering to the point of looking like a new character. The reason being is that I don’t think he would sport the brown metal sheen prior to his descent from god-hood. combine that with the organic look of ccbs with a few bionicle/technic elements and you got yourself a somewhat canon/fanon accurate interpretation of the character. He sports a cool looking mask (don’t know the name of it, and for all I care it is probably powerless). As for the theme I wanted to lean heavily into an almost aristocratic tyrant hence the white and his quite regal design. Fitting for one of the many leaders of Spherus Magna before the creation of the Elemental Lords. With a few added hints of metallic blue. I wanted to put more of that blue on him but I ran out of any good parts to use xD. A-“part” from that though, he does have a arm swinging mechanism thanks to those 2015 gearboxes with an incorporated metru head atop it. Pretty handy build considering I have used that technique so many times now. Only issue is covering it up. Unlike most gearboxes, most of the magic happens in Velika’s abdomen. Basically his gut with geartrains making their way up to the shoulders for both a stylistic choice and functionality wise. The only way really if you want that metru head centered without any hunch back. At the jeopardy of not a lot of connection points. If you want to see and hear more details be sure to check out the Youtube video, link down below.
YT Video

Anyways that is it for this build. This is your host Tributron and I will see you again next week. Happy Building and Play Well!

16 Likes

Looks really cool! I like the armor design and color scheme, and the function is pretty neat as well. Very nice design of Velika’s Great Being body, overall good build.

3 Likes