Animaniacs Revival/Reboot show Discussion

The trailer for the Animaniacs revival Hulu series is out so what do you think about it?

Animaniacs (Official) Trailer | A Hulu Original - YouTube

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNCDu4nmt8M)

From the Wiki page: Animaniacs is an American animated comedy musical television series created by Tom Ruegger for Fox Broadcasting Company’s Fox Kids block, before moving to The WB in 1995 until the series ended in 1998 as part of its Kids’ WB afternoon programming block.[2] It is the second animated series produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Animation, after Tiny Toon Adventures . It initially ran a total of 99 episodes, along with a feature-length film, Wakko’s Wish .

Animaniacs is a variety show, with short skits featuring a large cast of characters. While the show had no set format, the majority of episodes were composed of three short mini-episodes, each starring a different set of characters, and bridging segments. Hallmarks of the series included its music, character catchphrases, and humor directed at an adult audience.

A revival of the series was announced by Hulu in January 2018, with at least two seasons to be produced in conjunction with Amblin Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, with producer Steven Spielberg, songwriter Randy Rogel, and many of the main voice actors returning, set to premiere on November 20, 2020, with a second season expected to premiere in 2021.[1]

The trailer was fine, but it had some parts that I didn’t like

Fine? A lot of people thought it was amazing including me, That’s surprising. :thinking:

The trailer/show seems kinda childish to me ngl, although I suppose that may be the point. Doesn’t compare to this or this in my opinion, but that’s my taste :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

also maybe stop copy-pasting from wikipedia for these and try and come up with your own summaries?

1 Like

You know that there’s people that have done the same for topics right? Also i’m not good at doing that. Thanks for the critique but i’m not going to do that.

1 Like

I’d say the same to them, you’re just the only one I’ve encountered so far. I believe direct plagiarism is against the rules. Could be wrong though.

1 Like

I fix it! I charged it to say from wiki at the start. I will try to have “from wiki” if i copy a wiki page.

The fourth wall is non-existent

3 Likes

This world existing is a fourth wall. :ok_hand: :relieved: :ok_hand:

Who’s your favorite animaniac?

• Yakko
  • Wakko
  • Dot

0 voters

I can’t decide. I love them all

1 Like

I may cosplay Yakko in the future.

Plagiarism is against the rules in the sense that we will absolutely take action if you are attempting to pass off another’s creative works as your own. We will not, however, warn/suspend/ban you for summarizing the subject matter of your topic with quotes from Wikipedia.

For starters, Wikipedia is an open source and is intended to also be a source in and of itself. In fact, summaries from Wiki’s can be super helpful for board users new to an IP.

So keep it up. Best practice though - always mention it’s a wiki summary :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you i will.

Well I’ve watched the first episode, and some clips from other episodes. Pretty good!

1 Like

Yeah! Today I finished watching all of the episodes of it. It’s great. Ps. I guess you changed your mind about it.

Yeah, it’s better than I had expected.

Although, I think I prefer the original series. I don’t think it’s because of nostalgia, since I didn’t grow up watching the show, but the characters just seem more likable and fun compared to the reboot in my opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I thought the characters in Reboot were fun and likable. Yakko’s the best in the reboot.

What is this

2 Likes

It’s just a cute edit of Yakko. (I didn’t make it)

1 Like