Announcement: New Staff Members (Mod Squad 2.0)

Greetings gathered friends, today we have an important announcement to make.

After many years of service, @Political_Slime, @John_Smith, @Indigogeek, @legomaster1378, and I are resigning as moderators here on the boards.

It’s been a wild ride these past 2-3 years but all things must come to an end at some point.

So we will be passing on our ban hammers to a new mod squad…

Introducing the members of Mod Squad 2.0: @BioKnight, @ReeseEH, @prentice1215, @Cocoa and @Spiderus_Prime.

We all wish them well, and hope they’ll do a great job editing all those double posts!

Waj, Moderator and Administrator since Sept 2014

Indigogeek, Moderator since Oct 2014

Political Slime, legomaster1378, John Smith, Moderators since June 2015

70 Likes

Thanks to all of you for your absolutely outstanding work since the beginning of the Message Boards. I understand it’s been a thankless job at times, but without all of you the TTVMB wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near as popular as it has become. We owe a large part of the site’s prosperity and peoples’ continued enjoyment to your tireless work and commitment towards helping us.

Thank you so much to all of you, and to the new mods… welcome! You’ve got my eternal gratitude for volunteering to help us grow the boards even further in this Bold New TTV Era. :slight_smile:

-Mesonak

28 Likes

Congratulations on the upgrade, my dudes.

10 Likes

#FAQ Time:

• “Why are you guys leaving?”

We’ve just gotten a bit burned out after 3 years. It’s all good in the hood.

• “Will you guys be continuing Modularity?”

Yes. Although being Mods is how we all met, the channel has never been officially tied to what we do here.

• “Are the new Mods going to be joining Modularity?”

No, not that we’ve discussed at least. Again, channel was never tied to here. We like all the new Mods though, so we’ll see.

• “Will you guys still be using the Boards?”

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I know I’ll still be fairly active. I’ve been here for almost 4 years now, and I can’t imagine not being here at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, thank you to the new mods, and thank you to the community for being supportive of us for 3 years!

25 Likes

I must say that throughout my (still relatively short) time here on the message boards that I’ve always admired you guys, so I hope that me and my fellow mods will be able to properly fill your shoes.

What size do you wear, again?

17 Likes

Rip the old squad

Ah well, things change, and let the neo modsquad come in and do well

8 Likes

Because I retired a few months before these dudes I get no announcement? :’(

Have fun new mods. It’s going to be a wild ride.

P.S. can i be a mod again plox

19 Likes

Congratulations on the great job you’ve been doing here over the years and hope all goes well in your future endeavours! Good luck to all the new models, you’ll do great :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Finally, they’re gone. Time for the tyrannical overthrow to commence! /s

In all seriousness, it’s an honor to be apart of Mod Squad 2.0, and I’m thrilled to be here. I won’t let you guys down (hopefully). To begin my time as a mod, I say this… DON’T DOUBLE POST!

Will that gratitude be shown through monetary compensation, or… /s

I’d certainly be up for guest appearances. I’ll leave it to you guys if I’m worthy of being added to cast (prob not, my mic is trash).

14 Likes

Hey that was my thing. :angry:

Technically you guys are 3.0 but the last wave was probably the best acquainted and best organized, so I guess 2.0 works.

5 Likes

And this the boards change face as I return. An interesting feeling for certain.
Good luck to the new mods, and good job to those leaving.

8 Likes

Isn’t this the Mod Squad 3.0?

3 Likes

The squad had stabilized with me, Slime, John, LM, Cronk and Indi.

While yes there were other mods before us, most of them didn’t last more than a year. So we had become the longest running Mod Squad.

7 Likes

Aaah, fresh meat. Gotta love it.

Best of luck to the young’uns!

11 Likes

We’ve being thank you, the old guard of the Mod Squad for your service, now let’s us (the new guard) being more protected these boards for rule breakers.

5 Likes

Everything they did, they did for the TTV Message Boards. They sacrificed their time and their honor for their native boards. They were real heroes. They were true moderators.

10 Likes

I remember when I first joined the message boards near the end of 2015, I was a bit of a noob about posting and interacting on a public forum (I still am in some ways). However, having these guys here like Waj, Slime, and Cronk, gave me someone to look up to and help me out when I needed it the most. When I reached master level, I thought this was it, I’m never going any higher up the ladder. Never did I think I would get the opportunity to replace these guys, let alone become a moderator at all and that they along with the rest of the cast felt that I and the other moderators who have joined me were suitable replacements for them and for that I’m so grateful.

Thanks for everything guys and I hope we can live up to the legacy that you created. See you around

7 Likes

Good luck, new blood. Old blood, come join the lounge.

4 Likes

I just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcomes. I didn’t see myself becoming a moderator, but I’m glad to take the job.

8 Likes