Another Teridax Revamp

Right, let’s keep this quick, y’all have almost certainly seen a Teridax revamp or two in your time on here.

And a few parts swaps to show off a more toy-based look:

Back view, showing the remnants of his wings:

and finally a size comparison with a whole bunch of other body types. (Just, uh, pretend Jaller’s hands are yellow. I quickly recoloured him from Takua so there were no duplicate characters and, well, at 3am tan looks a whole lot like yellow.)

And just for good measure here are a few WIP shots showing my progress:

37 Likes

I like this ones legs, a lot of the ones I see have really fragile looking legs that I doubt could actually hold him. These look proper functional

2 Likes

I’m not fully confident about the ankles, given that they only use a CCBS friction extender and the weight is coming at them from an angle, but the knees are double ball joints and the hips are friction extenders with the weight more directly on them, so they should definitely hold. I guess it would probably take a little careful balancing in person, but yeah, with some effort he should be able to stand unsupported.

the ab crunch and waist swivel should similarly be pretty sturdy-- they’re both double ball joints too.

1 Like

Bit of a chonk, but still cool

I like the rhakshi back pieces, but the one on the chest with the balljoint isn’t the greatest spot to use one. The legs are fine, but I think you could have done something different with the chest.

every time he adds an extra step to The Plan he does One (1) Pushup

1 Like

Agree to disagree-- both the original set and the movie version have that piece in the exact spot I used it. The set even had the exposed ball socket for good measure (and I at least have an excuse-- anything attached to it would impede the ab crunch).

1 Like

That’s great and all, but the set was made back in what, 2001? When they had a severe parts limitation. Nowadays there’s plenty of different ways to make a Teridax revamp without being limited to what they had.

I know you have an excuse, I’m just throwing it out there that it doesn’t add to the overall appearance too much.

Edit: You might wanna fix your double post, btw

well… yeah, I’ve more options now, but this is an immediately recognisable element of the character and precedent is way more than just an excuse.

I mean if you look at the WIPs it was the first part of the torso to be built, and it was the first part for a reason. when I think of teridax I think of that specific part. I wouldn’t replace it for the same reason I didn’t replace the akaku on the kopaka revamp in the size comparison.

edit: and terry boi came out in like 2003? plenty of parts available by then, plus it used 3 or 4 pieces brand new for that wave. the designers had a fair few chest options by then, but chose this one specifically.

2 Likes

Were all these models in the pictures built in Stud.io?

If so, how did you get the parts?

They were indeed! everything is available in swampkryakwa’s parts pack or khingk’s mask pack.

Nice!
How exactly would I go about getting those installed in my copy of Stud.io?

Oooo I like this, kinda halfway between the movie-look and the set!

@Jathru_Cranli khingk’s mask pack I’m not 100% sure about, I installed it a while back. iirc the latest version of SK’s biopack includes an installer and everything.

@CalamitousT ayy, thanks!! that’s more or less exactly what I was going for!