Any apps for Artist to share their work?

I am here looking for a very popular art app that I can share my work, also like Instagram but art edition. Any suggestions are great!

1 Like

The only thing that comes to mind is deviantart but I don’t know if it’s still popular, plus, some of the stuff on there is pretty wierd

1 Like

yah, I have been using it for the past 2 days, and you get views or fans on there, even the professionals get 200 likes max, I am not asking for likes and views, but I just want people to view my work that it

Deviantart and artstation are the biggest ones that come to mind, but tbh Instagram is probably your best bet.

2 Likes

If you want criticism and your work to be known, here is pretty good.

2 Likes

Yes you’re right , it’s just that I want an app version of this site, it’s hard for me to just get emails notifications when I get a like or a reply, you know what I mean, since I use this mostly on a iPhone device

2 Likes

Instagram isn’t really good anymore. Most of the updates they’ve been putting up have been nothing but malicious towards smaller creators. For starters, they won’t allow you to view recent post because it “uPsEt ThE eLeCtIoN” even tho it’s already December. And second, they planning to remove the feature of sharing other posts through your stories. Their excuse is that “it was decided by the community” but no one asks for this so they’re probably referring to themselves.

2 Likes

ay yi yi
I had no idea it was that bad. I don’t personally use instagram :confused:

Well come on , it isn’t that bad , I just started now I have 20 followers, I have no other choice, that’s the platform I might I have to grow on, but hey if you have any suggestions I will take and use!

Idk if the iPhone is the same but I use ttv from my iPad and you can just save websites as home-screen apps if that makes it more convenient.

Nice idea!

Deviantart is the only one I know even if there are some interests that get very weird. Social media is pretty annoying so for art only I can’t think of any others.

One thing I will warn, though, is to be wary of bots. I remember when I first started I was getting a lot of bot followers.

If you wanna link your Instagram in your profile, I’d totally give you a follow, though!

One of the most important things if you’re going on Instagram is to be active and to follow a lot of other people. Sometimes people will follow you back if you follow them, so looking for things you like and following any creator who catches your fancy is a good way to increase possible followers.

Be sure to follow your followers back! That’s a nice way to show appreciation.

Also, hashtag all your stuff. Anything you can think of relevant to your post, add a hashtag for it. It helps get your post around and increases exposure massively. As a bit of an anecdote, my first couple of Instagram posts had little to no hashtags and got maybe 10 or so likes. Nowadays, I get about 10 or so likes in the first couple of minutes just by using tags.

I am by no means an Instagram expert, I only have a very small following myself, but if you stay active, post regularly, use stories and hashtags, and follow a lot of people your numbers will start to grow. I managed to get about 120 followers in about 2 years, which for a very very small creator is pretty good, in my opinion.

If you want other apps, as others have said, DeviantArt and ArtStation are the best art sharing sites. Not sure if ArtStation has an app, though. You could use Amino to find fan communities, but it’s kinda shady.

Other than that, art Discord servers are an excellent place to share art. If you’re looking to get into art professionally, the Aquatic Moon discord server has professional artists as well as aspiring ones that give feedback all the time!

Hope that helps!

5 Likes

Holy CRAP!! You took it to the next level !! Thank you for the feedback I will take every bit of it !:star_struck:

@Pakari I also added my insta link in my bio/profile !

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

3 Likes

@Ali5d You could use flickr! It gives you emails when someone likes or comments on a post.

CHANGED CATEGORY TO ASK -Cordax

1 Like

I was gonna basically say this myself. @Ali5d take Pakari’s advice and run with it. Additionally, the most important thing to grow your audience no matter the platform is Content.

Realistically speaking the best way to get eyes on your art is to have your own site that you’re linking to constantly in your social media - and by Social Media, I mean Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, All of it. That said, places like DeviantArt can be a nice place to share and store your artwork if you aren’t quite ready to go all out.

One thing I would ask yourself right off the bat is what are you aiming for? If you want recognition as a professional artist you’re going to need a social media following with content and a portfolio website of your own. If you just want to share fun art you make, a Deviantart will be more than enough. You’re gonna have to get comfortable with the fact that likely 99% of people won’t be willing to invest the time or effort in giving you genuine feedback on any online platform.

The only difference between an “Influencer” and an Average Joe is that the Influencer posts all the time. You want a big following, you’ll have to be prepared to do the same. It’s its’ own full-time job, after all.

Source: Worked in Marketing/Promotions for the last 5 years.

9 Likes

I will take your advice, nice explanation!

1 Like