Anyone have an idea for this?

Hello. I am trying to build a moc that has a spider like lower body, but is unable to stand properly. I am looking for a new design that has multiple legs, but is able to stand, without something to keep it up. Does anyone have any ideas?

3 Likes

06 titan pistons are a pretty good pillar to lean on, or you could double up ball-sockets at each joint

2 Likes

Friction adders, or ratchet joints are also pretty handy for spider legs.

2 Likes

I’m talking more from the stand point of the fact the feet are blades, and while I have all of this, I am looking for some inspiration to draw from.

4 Likes

Here are some legs that use blades without being too flimsy. These could still use some modifications to add movement.

2 Likes

I found my problem: I can’t find stable enough back legs.

2 Likes

As I own both of these sets, I must strongly disagree

The Crater Creeper is an extremely lightweight model, those legs wouldn’t be able to hold up anything heavy whatsoever

Meanwhile the legs on the Star Slicer are purely decorative and not used for support in any way. It just sits on its abdomen, the legs are an aesthetic feature which don’t actually contribute to its stability at all

2 Likes

Oh no… I forgot about that. Shoot. I need to actually build something so I can remember stuff like this.

1 Like

It’s alright, if you don’t have them built it’s hard to tell

Though back to the subject of the topic, I think a good way to get started would be to study Fenrakk’s front legs. Bring up the building instructions and see how they work; they’re bladed and incredibly sturdy

4 Likes

Could take a look at Mazeka’s swamp strider

3 Likes

Honestly, it’s hard to say without a sense of scale or an image of the MOC. The blades DuneToa introduced will work up to a scale, and thicker blades will work up to a scale, and so on and so forth.

Though my first thought independent of context was to try and find shorter blades like the Mahritoran use, so that they don’t get bent from holding out at odd angles.

3 Likes