Anyone remember BrickBros UK?

A while back, I was following a YouTube channel called BrickBros UK. They were all about the MOCs-they’d take sets and rebuild them into alternate builds that were really creative. They were particularly fond of doing Star Wars battle packs and sets that were $30 or under. Not that they never did large sets, but it seemed like they did smaller ones more. Not that I blame them or anything.

You might know BrickBrosUK for being the creators of the TRON: Legacy Ideas project. And, of course, they did an alternative build for that set.

But then, about a year ago, they just stopped making videos all of a sudden. And as far as I know, they haven’t posted anything anywhere-YouTube or otherwise. So…what happened? Were there budget problems? Demonetization? All of the above?

3 Likes

Probably coppa. I imagine a lot of channels just quit becuase of all that B.

1 Like

I lost interest in them anyway.

2 Likes

Maybe, but they stopped uploading months before the whole COPPA thing.

1 Like

Loss of interest too. I used to watch a lot if lego stuff but now I watch next to nothing on lego. lego also isn’t in the glory days anymore so there’s that.

2 Likes

I used to watch them a lot but I also kinda lost interest in them after a while. All they were doing was just reviews of new sets and alternative builds, which didn’t really interest me a lot.
It’s sad that they stopped making videos though… When a channel with thousands of subscribers suddenly goes out of business is always sad.

I remember them. Are they inactive?

They’re probably sipping beers with playstippling

3 Likes

And it’s not just BrickBrosUK, either. Lots of YouTubers have called it quits because of the demonetization, or COPPA, or both. Heck, I even heard that Pewdiepie-THE Pewdiepie!-stopped making videos! But that might just be a rumor…

Uh, yes-that’s kind of the reason I made this topic.

[Googles “play stippling” and sees that they haven’t uploaded in years]

Yeah, could be.

oh…play stippling… I miss him

3 Likes

It is. Just looked it up. He still makes videos.

1 Like