Anyone Salty About the Gold Kanohi Ignika Situation?

Released only in one really expensive set near the end of G1’s run. I’m not the only one still a little salty about that, right?

4 Likes

tbh I like the glatorian version better

2 Likes

I currently own three of the things, and I think it’s ridiculous. They should have included a keetorange version in the canister Mata Nui set.

EDIT: Not intended as a brag, I’m just aware that some people have an ‘I got it so it’s okay’ mentality.

5 Likes

To each their own. I just always wanted the one you see in the promos.

@CalamitousT We could’ve gotten that, if Lego didn’t replace the heads after Mistika.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POSTING - Spiderus Prime

1 Like

Not only that, but that respective set was also a Toys R’ Us exclusive. Currently a second hand completed Toa Mata Nui set goes for around 200$, and the Golden Ignika piece alone goes for around 160$.
So yeah, of course I am salty about the downright absurd price that the Ignika goes for.
If LEGO will ever produce a Tribute Bionicle set for LEGO Ideas, they’d better include a re-issued Golden Ignika with it. I think we all deserve a chance to get a copy of this beautiful mask.

7 Likes

gimme all of them

actually don’t give me the part replacment one, I don’t need lego breaking into my house

2 Likes

It’s kind of funny that you’re mentioning this now, as I was recently considering buying that mask until I saw its price. You see, i have two brothers who also like bionicle, so i thought it would be cool if we each had a golden legendary mask. I have the G2 mask creation, and i plan on getting my older brother the flat Dark gold Vahi, so i was like, why not get my younger brother the pearl gold Ignika. Then I saw the price, and I was like “nope, that’s not happening”

1 Like

You could get the G1 version by Galva.

1 Like

Ever considered Shapeways? Someone recently uploaded a file of the set version of the mask, but you’d have to paint it.

3 Likes

Someone should make a 3D model of the Ignika.

1 Like

I would say we were lucky, if anything. Originally they were not going to release gold Ignika at al.

1 Like

Yes I am

1 Like

The only reason it was expensive that the set got the “special/limited edition” treatment, and was more expensive than how it should’ve been. Not counting that the titan Mata Nui is non-canon, gappy af, and weird, one must have it for a complete 2009 collection. But it’s gonna be probably the last to buy, as I’m still as disappointed with the set as I was in 2009.

3 Likes

Weirdly enough, I’m not salty at all. I firmly hold that Toa Mata Nui was hideous and I have absolutely no regrets not getting it. The silver Ignika was always the best to me anyway.

1 Like

Power to you.

Toa Mata Nui gets a little too much hate IMO… The only thing I don’t like about him his his wacky color scheme, otherwise it’s a pretty well-built and imposing Titan.

2 Likes

To each his own, I guess, but I’ll never get over his neck and gappy torso. Of all the titans in BIONICLE, I think I only like Gadunka less.

Im only annoyed because its the ONE ignika variant that I have yet to get, and its my second favorite (I like the silver one more for some reason)

Luckily I was fortunate enough to get all 3 sets with the mask

1 Like

I’m more salty we never got a pearl gold Avohkii, because they kept making takanuva grey for some reason.

2 Likes