Arcana: the downfall

Saras would’ve responded if Isadau hadn’t shoved him. “Well excuse me for confronting that ja****s when he’s wrong!” He exclaims sarcastically.

Saras backed away. “That’s exactly what I’m talking about, right there!” He responds. “You two can’t see eye to eye on one subject and that makes you two always at each other’s throats! Not like your temper helps. So fiery for a power so cold.” He deadpans the last sentence.

“Why you sonuva-!” Isadau replies before leaping at Saras.

1 Like

Frostvin watched the group bicker, but he wasn’t really listening. He never had lost it like that before, where he was so enraged that he didn’t even realize the bandits were dead. Frostvin sat down on a rock, dazed. He shook his head as if to expel the confusion. “What happened?” He muttered. “Why was I so angry?”

“It’s not murder if it’s self defense.” Jeromy called back.

@Runa Lihem tried to step in-between the two. “Calm down. We all have our differences, but it doesn’t mean we should fight about them.”

“That’s what I’m saying!” Saras said as he stepped back.

Isadau tried to push Lihem aside. “Let me put this man in his place.” He growled.

Edward walked up on the trail. Luckily Reginald hadn’t run too far off. Edward sat down next to the cow as he munched on some grass.

Edward let out a deep sigh as he waited for the bovine to finish his meal.

Alpha and Beta began to search the bodies for anything valuable.
@Ace

“No.” Lihem said, not budging.

They would find Winterfall rank insignias, though otherwise it was just armor and their weaponry

Finding no currency, the two automatons dropped the bodies and returned to their creator.

Isadau glares at him with icy intensity. “Move or you go first.” He stated coldly.

Saras ignores Isadau and searches the bodies himself. He sees the insignias. “Well this is…peculiar.” He says.

“what?” Queries Oliver.

The insignias were black compaired to the usual winterfall gold

He holds up one of the banners. “Seems…different. From the norm, I mean. And the fact that it was on a bandit. I doubt this’d be a valuable thing to steal.”

“that is concerning,” replied Oliver, crossing his arms, “hopefully we didn’t just piss off the Winterfall military…”

“Did any get away?” Saras asks.

“their leader did.”

Edward came over the hill. Cow and companions behind.

“So what I’m hearing is that I was right.”

“they probably would have killed us if we hadn’t defended ourselves.”

“But we could have chased them off instead of killing them.”

“that is fair.”

“And achieve the exact same thing we already have, but leaving more witnesses?” Saras asks. “Either way, we’ve painted a target on our back, so we’d better be cautious moving forward.”

“Then wipe their minds or something! I’m sure there’s some spell to do that. My point is that no one needed to die today. Not us, not them.”