Are Hero Factory and Bionicle really in different universes?

Well…in my HF story they are in the same universe. they are just kinda…Billions of years apart…yyyeeeeaaaa

1 Like

Nice connection, actually. I actually imagined that Hero factory is actually the very, very far future of G1. After Mata Nui’s death, I imagine that elemental powers eventually died out and the future moved more towards technology, eventually “evolving” into new biomechanical individuals. Quaza is actually energized protodermis, as it has similar effects (power and unstable). Quasi-magic still sort of is around. It also explains that the villains weren’t made, they just evolved differently. It also explains why creatures exist, but still are pretty mechanical-like: they are like Bionicle creatures.
I always felt happy to have that link, as it opens up new opportunities.
EDIT: @RaptorTalon
Same here! I made this post in another topic and put it in here.

4 Likes

Yeah. I always saw Bionicle as being in the time before time, and HF being in the distant future.

2 Likes

There’s something about the mysterious half pin in the chest on the 2015 Bionicle figures and those cylindrical hero core things from one of the HF shows that makes me wonder. Probably an easter egg, maybe a coincidence, maybe it was just to make the price per part of the sets cheaper.

1 Like

I always thought Makuro was Makuta (same first four letters). This theory is better though:)

1 Like

Ah yes. When I said that I believed HF was a sequel to Bionicle on the LJ Johnsen show, a certain Mesonak had a laugh about that lol.

2 Likes

I personally see HF as being in the present (possibly in the same continuity as a LEGO Earth much like our own), and not necessarily having anything to do with Bionicle story-wise.

As for Mr. Makuro’s looks, I think that might’ve been more of a meta reference to the fact that LEGO constraction’s past history was in Bionicle, and its (back then) future in Hero Factory was taking it somewhere new, building upon what had come before.
As for an in-story explanation for Makuro’s appearance, it’s probably the same reason that so many worlds besides Earth in fictional stories have beings who are either human or human-like.

Still would’ve been neat if they had said that Makuhero City (or at least one of the worlds the heroes were sent on a mission to) was one of the worlds Mata Nui observed during his mission (which I suspect Slizers and Robo Riders actually are :wink:).

3 Likes

BADA BING BADA BOOM I RESSURECT THIS TOPIC FROM ITS DOOM!

theory intensifies

5 Likes

I have no idea why anyone thinks Mr. Makuro’s design means anything besides “the character designers wanted him to read as a wise old mentor figure, so they make him look like an old man.” The feet look like Bionicle feet because it’s just a good foot design and the studio, which also animated TLR, could save money by porting over the feet used for the Agori onto a new model. Hell, look at his shins–those are Rahkshi legs, which they also had models for already.

There is nothing which lends this theory any real credence beyond superficial details that can just be chalked up to interdimensional coincidence. “Mr. Makuro is a Turaga” makes about as much Sans as any of the worst Game Theory videos.

3 Likes

I prefer to keep them separate, I feel like trying to mash them together just raises too many questions.

1 Like