Are skull spiders evil?

I wouldn’t say so. 4chan has been known to make sarcastic posts before, and the post about the Skull Spiders seemed like it is one of them.

1 Like

In ‘HF brain attack’ the infected monsters looked evil but they actually were not evil, who says it can’t apply for the skull spiders?

3 Likes

Personally I think the skull spiders are evil but keep and mind that there’s also that golden skull spider mask that could be manipulating them.

1 Like

I have an issue with the skull spiders - they look like human skulls. But where Okoto is, they don’t have humans… at least not presently.

3 Likes

Just like the Rahi in 2001, I believe most of the Skull Spiders will be under control, maybe even the Lord of Skull Spiders is taken under control by Makuta TerriNOT.

4 Likes

who say Protector skulls can’t look like human skulls?

1 Like

Well, the sets themselves

Maybe Makuta made the skull spider mask to control the skull spiders (he is a “mask-maker” after all) and then gave it to Lord of Spiders.

1 Like

So I was checking out Bionicle at the LEGO store, and I saw that Lord of Skull Spiders was up, and decided I wanted to know more about him. After checking out the product description, the first line said “Gaurd the ancient city with LEGO Lord of blah blah blah…” Which got me wondering, what if the protecters/villagers are actually attacking the Skull Spider’s home, and the spiders are just acting out of self-defense? Could LoSS actually be a good guy, but the protectors want something from him, maybe the mask of creation/control/ultimate power? Or even the gold Skull Spider mask?

Find out next time on Dragonball Z.

(Edit: Here’s the link if anyone wants to see for themselves http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Lord-of-Skull-Spiders-70790?fromListing=listing)

(Nother edit: I checked out the Toa’s descriptions; apparently there’s going to be a fight/tussle to claim/grab the golden masks. Also, Pohatu’s weapons are Jetarangs and Stormerangs, clever.)

(One more: And the protectors are gonna have to repel/resist/fight/outwit/stop/defend against the Skull Spiders. These are some real cookie-cutter descriptions…)

2 Likes

Or its like 2001, where makuta is controlling the innocent rahi

2 Likes

Hmm, I dunno. I don’t think I see it.

Nah, I’m not sure if it will be the case, as the Skull Spiders have a fairly malicious design to them, moreso than the 01 Rahi what with the skull motifs and such.

I liken them more to Visorak. Simply a force of creatures who semi-willingly serve higher dark power.

But then, there’s always a possibility, up until it happens, so we’ll see.

16 Likes

Or possessing them in his endless sleep >:)

1 Like

Good grief - this is about as ridiculous as the FNAF theories that Foxy is a good guy :laughing:

I think it’s safe to assume that the LoSS and his minions are evil - or, if not evil, then infected/mind-controlled/etc. I doubt they’re trying to defend their homes sheerly out of instinct.

6 Likes

see makuta can magically use his mask of control for the sake of the plot
And thats how it works

1 Like

Kid-aimed basic story: LoSS is bad guy
TFOL/AFOL Headcanon: Possibly Chaotic Neutral
Environmentalist Headcanon: LoSS and Skull Spiders are heroes, Toa and Protectors are evil industrialists

10 Likes

Oh, gosh :laughing:

Just added something new

1 Like

UGH! I knew it!! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!!

Considering they are skull spiders who take over the native villagers, I think it’s safe to assume they are bad guys.

Why he is the Lord of the Skull Spiders is because the golden Skull Spider Mask controls them all.

Besides… Nobody likes spiders…

1 Like

For the sake of the conversation I’m pointing out one of the images from NYCC, it showed the prelim for Tahu’s set. Instead of being called “Tahu Master of Fire” it was “Tahu vs. Mask Stealer”.

My theory: Makuta is using the mask of control to control LoSS (because for some reason he can’t get the golden skull spider mask), who in turn controls the skull spiders. All off the comics show multiple skull spiders attacking the protectors. Maybe they work with a system, one skull spider pops off the mask and takes control of the protector and the other one takes it back to LoSS, who gives the collected masks to Makuta the Mask Hoarder.