Are skull spiders evil?

Do you guys think that the Skull Spiders are evil? In the LoSS comic it shows that the LoSS is gathering the other skull spiders. Do you guys think that the skull spiders were actually getting controlled by the LoSS and were actually good spiders?

3 Likes

Well, y’see… they’re spiders that look like skulls. I’m pretty sure if you’re naturally formed like that you’re basically destined to be used for evil purposes at some point in time.

Also, moved to Bionicle category.

16 Likes

I don’t think that they’re any more evil than the visorak, or actual spiders. Simply being under the influence of another being doesn’t make you inherently evil. Imagine if somebody took control of you and said “Go kill this person.” While, yes, you did perform the act, you are still innocent because you were not in control. It’s only beings who choose to commit acts of evil that are really evil, which is why I hate Sidious and will, no matter what, stand by the Clones.

Anyway… no.

Also, @ToaVuhii, simply because you look menacing doesn’t mean you are destined to be menacing. However… I’m not sure exactly how serious you are being when you say that so I won’t spill a spiel.

10 Likes

They’re evil because they’re controlled by the Lord of Skull Spiders who wishes to subdue the Mask of Creation and use it for bad intentions. As for the Skull Spiders themselves without the influence of the LoSS , they’re neither unless LEGO reveals that their species was created evil.

1 Like

My point was that this is a kids’ theme designed for kids. Think about it this way: Skeletor looks like a skeleton because he’s evil and Masters of the Universe was meant for kids. If things look menacing and evil, it’s easier for kids to grasp the idea that they’re probably not very nice.

As interesting of a twist that would be, the red eyes and skull-ish shape are sort of dead giveaways.

6 Likes

Meh. I was just going to say that things could evolve to look menacing as to scare off things that might want to eat it. After all, what animal would want to eat bone?

But yeah. I do agree that they were designed to look bad because they are marketed to be bad.

I still have to say the species itself isn’t evil, just the LoSS.

5 Likes

I don’t know how to move :’(

1 Like

It’s a thing that only Masters, Mods and Admins can do. Sorry bud. :cry:

5 Likes

Well that explains it

1 Like

facepalm

1 Like

All of the comics on the boxes show them leeching onto the faces of Protectors, and LoSS has that golden mask that controls them, and the newer trailer shows Tahu fighting him. So, yeah. Evil (or controlled by evil).

1 Like

…Maybe it’ll be like IFB where they were actually mis-understood animals controlled by the LOSS and the MOSS?

nah probably evil

5 Likes

Definitely not. The Skull Spiders are oppressed, due to their appearance, as being evil, by the Protectors. In truth, they are righteous beings that were formed by the Mask of Creation to protect the masks. They only jump on people’s faces in order inject a serum that will let the protectors see the truth.

How’s that for a very sarcastic “yes”?

6 Likes

I’d say, yes, they are most likely evil. Morality in BIONICLE, for the most part, was very black and white. The barraki? Evil warlords. The Piraka? Violent murderers. The Makuta? Evil incarnate. Most of the toa, while having their flaws, were ultimately good. They always tried to do the right thing and help the matoran as is their duty.

Neither skulls nor spiders are associated with good things. The very appearance of skull spiders are very sinister looking. Usually in media if something looks evil then they are evil.

3 Likes

I’ll point out Spider-man but that’s besides the point

4 Likes

Especially 2099 spider-man who had a skull as his symbol…

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure there was this bit of story information that was quickly dismissed by others–it was a tweet posted by TTV during the NYCC (I think?) that said the Skull Spiders were the byproducts of Makuta’s evil dreams/thoughts in his coma.

I think it’s a pretty legit.

4 Likes

I’m guessing the Skull Spiders are normally beasts that roam Okoto, however a random Skull Spider discovered the Mask Of Control and put it on allowing him to become the Lord Of Skull Spiders and to control the others. Yet the Mask contains Makuta’s essence, split from him when his Masks were knocked from him, allowing him to manipulate the Lord Of Skull Spiders and thus the Skull Spider army.

Like the Visorak to an extent, they are just ruled by an evil dictator (Roodaka/LoSS) who is manipulated by Makuta

I don’t believe I’ve heard this anywhere, might have missed it as I didn’t follow all the people tweeting about it.

3 Likes

Do you have a link to the tweet? I and many others have never heard of these facts.

1 Like

Uh…Sure. goes on twitter to search through 3 months of tweets

@Collector
Actually, it was from 4chan (which is automatically a red flag lol). A person on EuroBricks mentioned it:
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=6200

Second comment. Shakar’s a ‘Duke’ so idk if that weighs on his credibility or not.

1 Like