Are there any Pop Songs you actually like?

As of the top 100 Right now, this moment in time(2/26/15)

Songs I like(guilty pleasures as well) include
-Uptown Funk
-Outside
-Blank Space
-Centuries(I blame the fact that it combos well with Tom’s Diner. If you’re really curious, just ask and I’ll elaborate)
-FourFive Seconds

My mom absolutely loves Uptown Funk because it reminds her of her weekends spent in the disco clubs in Germany. And Centuries has the fist pumping tunes you just gotta love

Umm, not quite sure exactly why you censored that there.

I mean, it’s just Funk. Y’know, this Funk?

Or did you do so to indicate that you yourself have a distaste for the song?

Must’ve been a mistype sorry

I’m feeling curious. How does it combine?

Aight so, Tom’s Diner is this song that was sampled in Centuries about this depressed woman who’s sitting at a diner, picking apart various details and events of the location, only to reveal at the end that she’s doing so many seemingly miniscule observations to distract herself from someone she’s lost.

Centuries, meanwhile is a song about this guy proclaiming to a girl that she will remember him(for centuries) thus implying that he’s gonna do something stupid/get himself killed.

So the implication is that the man Ms. Vega is trying not to think about is the protagonist, so to speak, of Centuries. The implication is that in this sorta “story” I’m seeing, the little tune from Tom’s Diner is what she remembers of the guy from Centuries. despite, y’know, Centuries having come out years after Tom’s Diner.

In short, I see it as something like a prequel story.

And for this(likely trivial) reason, I really find myself enjoying Centuries.

2 Likes

I like Centuries because it makes me brainstorm somehow. A lot of songs do this to me though.

I like some of MAGIC!'s non-hits, like paradise, stupid me(uncensored) and little girl, big world. in fact a lot of their songs sound quite good.

[quote=“LelouchViBritannia, post:39, topic:906”]
Uptown Funk is funky
[/quote]^ this

[quote=“Nyran, post:1, topic:906”]
Safe and Sound by Capital Cities, Get Lucky,
[/quote]yeah, these too.

I mostly listen to arctic monkeys and cryoshell, so my musical taste is more rock/metal, but I will listen to any genre if the particular song is good.

like just a friend by biz markie, which I can’t help but like.

[quote=“Political_Slime, post:36, topic:906, full:true”]
Well, there is one song from the 80s that I like…
[/quote]is it wrong that I actually enjoy never gonna give you up?

oh, and Take on me, and a lot of stuff from the 80’s actually…

5 Likes

Yeah. I also enjoy Safe and Sound and Counting Stars. I also am a very big fan of Owl City.

1 Like

Can’t feel my Face by The Weeknd is pretty good

1 Like

“You Know You Like It” is the official Nyran Altair Guilty Pleasure That I Will Never Admit to Liking In Real Life of 2015.

2 Likes

I really don’t like that many things from the Top 100. Only Pompeii and Rolling In The Deep currently come to mind.

2 Likes

Everytime Uptown Funk comes on I’m just like…
Then I get by the piano from Bruno’s Grenade music video…I hate that song so much. : P

But no, I enjoy Coldplay a lot more than I should and Imagine Dragons, even some of Kanye West songs, he has terrible lyrics to his songs but the heavy base makes up for it for me personally, the only collaborations I’ve liked with Kanye is with Jay-Z, I can actually stand him. Wish I could say the same for Beyonce. :confused:

5 Likes

Pretty good?

IT’S AMAZING

Also

1 Like

Eurobeat isn’t pop so I won’t post that 7 hour long playlist

Took me a while, but I am finally 100% on board with this song.

I like a lot of the Meghan Trainor’s music. I’m glad there’s finally a pop artist who makes good music and actually has some class. coughcough Unlike pretty much other every non-Christian pop artist that I know of except for Taylor Swift coughcough

On a side note, I like Elvis music, and plus he did a lot of gospel songs, which are pretty awesome. Oh yeah, and he gave a buttload of stuff to charity, served for 2 years in the army (without special privileges), was polite to everyone he came across, and he knew karate, which is pretty bad***.

I also enjoy a lot of the 50s, 60s, 70s, & 80s stuff that wasn’t cheesy/wacky. There’s also a few gems from the 90s/early 2000s, but most of it’s either pure cheese or is slightly inappropriate.

A majority of the music nowadays abuses bass & dubstep, has terrible lyrics, and/or is extremely inappropriate coughcough Bang Bang, Anaconda, & a majority of rap coughcough , being either about sex, drugs, or alcohol

I like all of the new Christian music that’s coming out, too. It combines the style of modern music that you can jam to, but also features meaningful lyrics that you know are appropriate & you can be sure isn’t about any of the stuff I mentioned above.

And by “the style of pop” you indicate that the people that hate pop are going to hate that music as well, maybe morseo if the lyrics are very overtly Christian.

Well I’m a fan of marcoolio (Swedish comedy rapper) I perticularly enjoy his songs “vilse i skogen” and “orkar inte mer”.
I’m also a fan of old eighties synth music. Particularly adolphson och falk.
As far as English songs I’d have to say I enjoyed the songs by måns zelmerlöf. My favorites are “cara Mia” and “heroes”
I also like the song stitches by Shawn mendes

Yeah… I should probably have used “modern” to describe the music, not “pop,” since each have different implications.