Argon the Ultra marine

Okay If you have ever seen ultramarines this is was my result. This is pretty fresh moc and looks just like what’s it meant to be a bulky soldier. This one has pretty interesting torso design which was creation of small accident. He stands about 25 cm tall and contains BBCS, Bionicle and Technic parts. I say he looks good enough but fully customized arms would do trick. Sadly I’m lacking of inspiration and parts so that needs to wait for another time.

23 Likes

The colors seem a wee bit confused, but the build is great!

1 Like

Did you by chance base it off these guys?

3 Likes

If I compare this to a real Ultramarine, I can point out a few flaws, namely the fact that he has no bolter, he is not bulky enough, and where are the giant shoulder armor? Otherwise a cool moc with a nice build.

1 Like

This is as close as I can get with my parts if you have any good ideas fell free to share em.

1 Like

I’ll work on a bolter then! and for the shoulders I would recommend using classic lego pieces.

Indeed sadly I don’t have too much lego pieces around.

I really enjoy the build of the MOC, but I’m a big fan of how you built the legs!

1 Like

That guy’s wearing a Hau!

It looks alright, actually, but he’s a little cluttered and all over the place. But the build from what I can tell is pretty solid.

I might not have titled it “ultramarine”, as then we are judging it against something rather than evaluating it for what it is: a good MOC. Not really bulky enough to be an ultramarine, but he looks pretty good, albeit a bit cluttered. Nice work!

1 Like

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/f/e/fee2b8dd2c195ed5e886eae476330c81943ab6a9.png
I’m going to have to make this now.

Anyways, the moc is nice, and it resembles the picture above. Pretty nice

I agree with the others. The color distribution is a bit off and some of the designs seem fairly lazy (Sorry) but they work pretty good here. Nice work, overall.

Not the Ultrasmurfs!

I love this! I have never seen a warhammer 40 000 bionicle MOC before! Awesome!

Quick Review:

Pros:
Solid and complex build
Fairly consistent colour scheme
Shoulder pads too big to be practical
Captures the essence of a space marine fairly well
Nice weapon

Cons:
Colour scheme is very busy, too many different shades of blue
Waist is much too thin for a space marine, it should be much more bulky
Weapon doesn’t scream “Bolter” at me

Overall: 7/10

Good looking moc, but not quite a Space Marine yet.

FOR THE EMPEROR!

1 Like