Aro, Creature of the Skies!

We all know about the creature name leaks. I wanted to make a proof-of-concept, $10 bird set with a function. The results!

How the function works (you need both hands to activate both wings)

He’s mountable too!

(Using pins to show what it would look like if function was pressed.)

So yeah, this was a quick build and a lot of fun to do. Comment and tell me how I did!

41 Likes

This is really good dude! I like that you made it mountable as well. 10/10

2 Likes

I love it.
101/0 would fly again.

4 Likes

Looks like you made a nice g2 gucko!
Goodies
-vaguely resembles a gukko
-it’s mountable
-looks like an actual set
-excellent flapping function
-it looks like a bird
Bad Things
-looks like a vulture, and I don’t like vultures

You get a 10/10, the end.

3 Likes

This is awesome. The accuracy to what a bird looks like is spot on, though it manages to have a biomechanics like feel, too. But the real icing on the cake has to be that nifty function.

2 Likes

It looks pretty great! :smile:

2 Likes

This looks really great! Very well done. But, the first thing I thought of when I saw it…

21 Likes

Man, this is awesome!! @SwagMeister is totally spot on, it does look like a gucko!
I’m wondering if you could use the borok neck mechanism and a couple of gears to bring the two wing functions together to a central gear in the torso?
10/10 on the Moc anyway :grinning:

1 Like

This is well done, you should contact LEGO and show them this, because this would be a cool thing to see, more so, because it could be used in introducing mote villagers into the sets.

And i want to see more villagers as sets.

1 Like

really, really, really cool!

1 Like

Great Moc and Concept!
8/10

1 Like

Thank you all!

The original Gucko (Kewa) actually looks like a vulture. So thanks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

nervously hides crackers

2 Likes

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, hide yo
#crackers.

4 Likes

IMO, it looks pretty bad on it’s own. The wings don’t look good at all due to the technic lift arms. I do like the flapping function, though. The legs are also too short. Adding another limb pieces, giving the MOC knees might look much better. Thugh, I can almost forgive all of those because
#THE PROTECTOR IS RIDING IT!
I love riding MOCs, especially when a Preotector is riding them. GJ, mang.

3 Likes

Agreed, i hope LEGO would do the same and make animals that villagers or the protectors can ride, it would expand the lore of Gen2 and show a different yet classic way for the characters to get around, remember the Gukko and the Crabs.

1 Like

I believe Kongu would approve.

3 Likes

This is really cool.

Ya did good m8, ya did real good.

1 Like

That is sooooooooooooo awesome.

I really like the idea of Beast themed Heros for next year.

2 Likes

10/10 would feed again

1 Like

nice wing function

1 Like