Artahka, The Mask Maker (Meet The Maker)

When designing this figure in terms of the tools he has on him were based on myself when i used to do metal work. He is equipped with his traditional hammer for both fighting and building but also:

• A soap stone for measurements, (Which is basically broken bar soap used since that is the best thing you can use for steel)
    ir

• A pen for note taking (I was considering giving him a book as well but i hardly carried it around me, i would just place it on a table while working hence he does not have a notebook as well)

• A pair of pliers (What is a worker without such an important tool, a very valuable tool)

artahka swing 1

Mask Used:

How to Video:

41 Likes

Cool! I like how you use all those technic peices to make it look complete and full (something I usually can’t do) Great work Tributron!

2 Likes

ooh, the extra tools were an Outstanding call.

4 Likes

This doesn’t have any breakdown photos! You’ll need to fix that. You also need to post it here

1 Like

there is a how to video, with the parts numbers, click the link :wink:

2 Likes

whoops! :sweat_smile:, but you still need to post it in the offocial contest topic.

1 Like

they allowed the how to video in the Helryx round, eljay gave the all clear last time. should be the same this time as well

2 Likes

I’m saying that you need to post your topic here

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s really cool, he has great proportions, outstanding articulation (well, as all your MOCs do) and so many unique piece usages! I especially like the spine made using wheels and vahki heads as shin armour.

But I remember seeing your Artakha MOC in a video review two months ago and it (the MOC) was completely different from this one. So what made you entirely redesign him?

2 Likes

Thank you very much and I am glad you asked that. When designing him initially i wanted to use as much sand green as possible by challenging myself in only using Zahktan’s parts (No system or ben 10) and try to go for an old technic feel. However, it was mostly hit or miss. Either there was too much clutter or too grand for my liking. It was when i realized that i should prioritize more is personality in the character and not the parts usage. So when making this Artahka i tried to make him look like a builder first and a ruler second while also making him look vaguely like the GSR since in the story people had assumed he was either a great being or mata nui himself. loose fabric is kind of a bad thing to have when working in a forge (I would know) so I went with the GSR design.

1 Like

Yes, all the changes you have made were truly for the better. I think they both are great MOCs but the new one makes a whole lot more sense as Artakha :smile:

2 Likes

Tis HE! I’m really liking the legs and all the small details that you put towards him.

The spinal structure is super radical, too.

Great work, Man!

1 Like

Thank you, I am glad you liked the build

1 Like

I’m not sure how I feel about the armor on the front of the upper legs, but other than that, this looks great! The GSR-style shaping works quite well, in my opinion. The MOC looks distinct from most G1 characters, without diverging too far from the general aesthetic. The color blocking is done quite well. I love the way you did the knee joints, and I’m very happy to see a play function incorporated into the model. The additional tools are a nice touch as well.

I should note that I’m not really a fan of the hammer. It’s not bad, but I’ve seen a lot of other hammers that I like a lot better.

Overall, this is one of the finest Artakha MOCs I’ve seen. You have my first vote in Poll Eight!

1 Like

Thank you! I am glad that you like the MOC. I do agree that the hammer could use some work but the thigh armor runs heavily in line with the GSR since the overall design of our universe sized great spirit was pretty smooth looking. Despite that though i can see how it can be a slight contrast to the greeble in the rest of the model. also really glad you like the function and thanks again for voting!

1 Like