Artahka, the Master Crafter (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Gathered friends, I am proud to present to you my interpretation of the renowned Artahka, legendary creator of the Toa Mata themselves.

“Creation is my essence…”

Entry Photo:

Imgur

Side Photo:

Imgur

Back Photo:

Imgur

Breakdown Photos:

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Pictured here with his best known creation, ‘the red one’

Imgur

Imgur

As well as the Mask of Creation.

Imgur

I imagined Artahka as having a few portions of his armor not yet fully rusted, which is why you’ll see a couple shades of gold and brown on him. The fingers in particular are not rusted at all, as a master crafter would never let his greatest assets become faulty.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

I used Galva’s Mask of Clairvoyance because I had just finished painting it the day before the contest was announced, and I was excited for an immediate application for it. The paint I used is Citadel base paint Caliban Green from my local game store, if anyone is interested.

Imgur

The cape piece is from the buildable Obi-Wan Kenobi set, if anyone is curious.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=75109-1#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

Other photos on my Flickr:

Thanks for taking the time to look at my entry! I welcome your feedback.

Imgur

32 Likes

I like it! The color scheme is a bit odd though.

It’s meant to be, at least a little. He hasn’t rusted fully, or at least not evenly.

3 Likes

Oh, that makes sense! I can appreciate this a lot more now!

2 Likes

Thanks! Ordinarily I’d never mix the colors so much, but it felt right based on the description.

1 Like

I really like this. Interesting construction and fantastic use of colors! This moc has a lot of personality.

3 Likes

Thank you! I was originally going to have a belt of tools around his waist, but compromised by showing him working on Tahu with the wrench.

Oh, Caliban Green… Truly one of the better Citadel paints IMO. The sheer number of shades of green I managed to get by using it as a base is insane.

1 Like

I watched so many videos about painting minis, guess who now has yet another hobby?

Trust me, you’ll love it.

1 Like