Artakha as built by... Artakha! (Meet the Maker)

Hello all! It is I, Artakha himself! The Creator of the Tobduk model. No really, it’s me! I swear! Anyway, is my pleasure to present to you my Entry to The Contest! It has been a WHILE since I MoCed this much, I hope my skillz from the Tobduk era are still up to snuff! Or better preferably :sweat_smile: I loved Tobduk, but I will admit that the MoC was flawed in some regards.

Due to a mix of procrastination, business, and living in Oregon while it was actively on fire, the majority of this build was done in the past two days. Oof. I hope you enjoy, and I hope that this guy goes far! There are some FANTASTIC entries out there and I will be proud of whichever design becomes the appearance of my longtime namesake :+1:

But I would absolutely love it if I managed to get a second MoC canonized, so please vote for me xD

I built him without a mask, seeing as the design of the mask is for a later contest, but I didn’t neglect to take a photo of him wearing something!

Unfortunately, the camera I used was being weird with color after I’d taken the photos. I did my best to fix it, but with limited photo editing skill and even more limited time… :man_shrugging:

49 Likes

I’m really digging the bulk you put into this MOC.
Nice job!:+1:

3 Likes

I stand by my statement that the hammer looks like a kohlii staff. That’s certainly not a negative, though.

(I now headcanon that Arty plays Kohlii)

2 Likes

If there’s one thing I like about this…

It’s the realistic hammer.

1 Like

lol, if there’s one thing I dislike is how small the hammer head is. I find it looks really flat and small compared to the handle.

Besides that, this is a really cool MOC. Good luck!

3 Likes

The weapon nerd empire vs. the rule of cool revolutionaries.

the revolt is winning :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Just the right BIONICLE-looking CCBS pieces.

1 Like

I’m gonna have to side with the realistic hammer side of things. Artakha doesn’t carry a war hammer! I would know xD

There are some really cool hammers in this contest, but a lot of them just don’t feel right for use in a forge.

1 Like

I picture Artakha having a fairly big (Not quite as massive as Melding Teridax’s but close). He might be strong enough that he can use a heavy tool with ease, y’know?

That said, I’ve decided to not look at the hammers too much when voting for different entries. I expect that Artakha has a bunch of hammers. Even if I personally don’t really like the hammer of an entry, I can imagine that it isn’t the only hammer that he uses. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s fair. I suspect he’d have a collection of hammers lying around. Every thousand years or so he has a different favorite xD

As a counter point though, I’d say that his considerable strength could instead be used as a reason for him to wield a smaller hammer. He’s capable of producing the force necessary to forge metals without all that extra mass and/or leverage behind it. Thus he could use a smaller and more precise tool when forging more intricate and detailed designs.

And as a weapon he might prefer using a smaller well balanced hammer that would allow for him to redirect mid swing to counter his opponent or catch them off guard; as opposed to a bigger, but ultimately slower, weapon. Additionally, a smaller head of the hammer means more force will go into a smaller area when he lands a hit.

2 Likes