Artakha (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Here is my entry for the Artakha conest.

Entry Photo:

Alternate Pose:

Action Pose:

Side:

Back:

Size Comparison:

Hammer:

Arm:

Leg:

Torso:

This build was in the works before even the poll for which contest is next, and was finalized a week or so ago, but I finally got around to officially entering it. I personally do not like the amount of systems pieces that I used here, but its the only way to make it mostly sand green, so I had to sacrifice G1 style purity for color accuracy.
Even then, I didn’t make him mostly sand green for two reasons. One is that its still a rare color, even with systems, and the other is that sand green as the primary (if not only) color is rather ugly. To compensate, I added gunmetal, which matches the 06-08 aesthetic for BIONICLE at that time.
I also wanted contrast between the armor, mask, and hammer. It makes sense for the MoC to be gold since the other two legendary masks are, and it’s likely the hammer is protosteel, and protosteel weapons have only ever appeared in canon as silver.
Besides the MoC being gold, I have no strong feelings about the G2 version one way or another, and I advise others to not consider it when judging the quality of the entry, as with all the other entries, because it will most likely change with the art contest. If the winning Helryx MOC can use a Pakari in place of Psychometry, then the G2 version of the MoC shouldn’t be an issue.
To address the hammer debate, I am fully aware that its a ‘war hammer’ that was taken from the forge, and thus is actually a forge hammer that was repurposed for battle. Still, I have no problem with a large hammer such as mine being also a forge hammer. As a skilled crafter, Artakha would definitely have a multitude of tools for different purposes, so I imagine he would have a large, two-handed hammer for any projects that would require that much force.

Best of luck to all who entered!

51 Likes

Its a really good moc, but a bit too system heavy for my taste.

1 Like

Nice, you incorporated the Sand Green system pieces pretty well!

3 Likes

This is definitely one of my favourites. The build is large without being too wide, the mask is gold, and the colours are sand green and gunmetal. That checks all of my personal preferences.

2 Likes

I actually feel like the mask detracts from the overall MOC here.

That being said, it isn’t part of the contest, so it doesn’t matter too much.

I really like the shoulders, and everything has a really nice G1 aesthetic! This is well done!

1 Like

It is a very good MOC, quite coherent. Perhaps a bit too coherent for someone representing all the cultures.

Am I the only one who can see Sidorak’s head in the shape of this hammer? :stuck_out_tongue: