Artakha - Creative Lord (Canon Contest #2: Meet The Maker)

Entry Photo

Hello everyone! This is my entry for the second canonization contest: Artakha, Creative Lord.

My goal with this MOC was to make an ornate, “royal” design, with above average articulation and distinct color distribution (Black for the inner parts and the back, Sand Green for the rest of the body, Silver for the more prominent armor plates and Translucent Light Blue for the accents and the eyes), while still trying to fit into the Bionicle G1 aesthetic.

I took inspiration from various bits of quite a few G1 titans, the main ones being Maxilos, Toa Mata Nui, 2008 Takanuva, Brutaka, Axonn, and, obviously, Karzahni.
Since they are considered “brothers”, I tried making some parallels with Karzahni’s design, while giving them an “Artakha spin”:
-The black cape, that in this case is still in good condition, and is worn on
one side, instead of the traditional way (symbolyzing Artakha’s creative
spirit);
-A weird, unusual shoulder design;
-The color scheme, being green (dark green for Karzahni, sand green for
artakha), black, silver armor and an accent color (red for Karzahni, light
blue for Artakha).

The model is only a few millimiters shorter than Tobduk.

I tried to use pieces in already existing colors as much as possible, but, unfortunately, I had to recolor many of them.

Front

Side

Back

Breakdown Images

The cloth piece used is 12941 - Hero Factory Cape, Large (Furno XL’s cape).
I couldn’t find a way to include it in Stud.io, unfortunately.

Here’s where it’s attached

Stud.io File

Custom Parts Used

Biopack by SwampKryakwa
Kanohi Tavarii, The Legendary Mask of Creation by Galva_

16 Likes

I’m surprised no one has commented on this one yet. This is my favorite out of Poll One. The color scheme is good, it has a definite G1 aesthetic, the proportions feel Bionicle-y and in proper scale with other titans, and in general it fits my idea of what Artakha might look like.

I like the way the Furno XL cape is attached to the side like that. Along with the general proportions and shaping of the model, it gives the character a sense of elegance mixed with toughness that I think really suits the character.

The incorporation of the large piston parts into the torso is neat. The usage on the legs feels a little awkward to me, but it’s not a dealbreaker.

I really like the shaping of the feet. Their shaping is clearly defined, while looking sufficiently unique.

Personally, I prefer a smaller, more “forge hammer”-like hammer, but this big one is shaped very well.

The hands look neat, but it looks like it would be easy for the thumb to come off during play. I prefer when a build doesn’t have parts that are always coming off, but I’m sure it wouldn’t be too difficult to fix that minor issue if desired.

Overall, this is a really, really solid Artakha MOC. I’ve only just finished looking through Poll One, but at the moment, this is my favorite. Well done!

2 Likes