Artakha: Creator from an Ancient Era (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Entry Photo:

This is my version of Artakha for Canon Contest #2. I wanted to make an imposing Artakha that would not feel out of place with other Bionicle sets. For that reason, Artakha’s armor is mostly made of Constraction pieces.

I used pieces with large amounts of surface detail to suggest the runes carved into his body. The head in the photos is a brick-built placeholder, which is designed to fit KhingK’s Mask of Creation.

The figure is reasonably posable and incorporates some waist articulation. The epaulets are on ball joints to allow for outwards arm movement, and the fingers can move independently.

Even though Artakha has been digitally rendered, every part used besides the mask is something that can be physically purchased. That is why Artakha is Metru green instead of sand green.

The mask has been inserted into BrickLink Studio using BrickLink’s parts designer program. For those who wish to import the model into BrickLink Studio, the Studio file and the custom part file are provided.

Front, Back, and Side Pictures

Hammer:

I wanted to give Artakha a hammer as imposing as he is, so I ended up going with a hammer head that uses large wheels for increased bulk. I made the handle out of round bricks so that it matches with the head in terms of size. The hand guard can be moved up and down on a ball joint, and Artakha’s hands can be pegged into a pin on the hammer.

Extra Pictures:

Artakha without His Hammer:

Artakha Admiring His Creation:

Note: In this picture, the Hau has been attached to Artakha’s hand using a round 2x2 brick and two round 2x2 plates. Artakha’s palm has been removed.

Breakdown Pictures:
Head:

Torso:

Arm:

Leg:

Hammer:

Links:
KhingK’s Mask of Creation:

BrickLink Studio file and BrickLink parts designer file:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mPdjzRk_MlRvZYIbyQJUP6_cTX1VTgPU?usp=sharing

15 Likes