Artakha, Creator of the Sun(Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

I think it is most likely to make people who only accept 2001-2004 era of BIONICLE happy. It worked with his Helryx (I have seen a lot of people voting for it because it was very G1-y and “purist”), so why won’t it work this time?

1 Like

That’s it folks, we have the winner, I will vote for this because of the nostalgia, hope it wins. Good luck Double :lizard:

5 Likes

I really, really hope that somebody will make a moc with pieces from the 1999-2003 period for you to see, how a great moc looks like.

What do you mean? The moc looks great. It uses old pieces = good.

1 Like

The winning entry for Helryx, a character from 2007, beat many other better entries because it used mostly parts from 2001.

Lots of voters imagine the in-universe characters to look exactly like several lumps of plastic from 2001, so they won’t accept a build using newer techniques as representing the same material in a more detailed form.

2 Likes

These are the ones who should not vote lol This mindstate ruins the possibilities, it’s like saying nothing from 2004-2010 is a bionicle, because they used newer parts, not just the ones up to 2003.

@Voxovan let me show you a good OG moc:
https://the-secret-walrus.tumblr.com/post/168092649434/tahnok-va

3 Likes

Seems like a joke, don’t you think?

2 Likes

Alright.

I didn’t want to do this, but:

Until such a time as a decision is reached regarding this MoC, I am locking the topic. It’s clear to me that the MoC creator’s controversial status, and the controversial status of the MoC itself inside the fandom has become a target.

If you don’t like the MoC, I urge you to simply not vote for it. Regular Board Rules apply over and above the contest rules.

Consider this everyone’s warning.

~Hawkeye

17 Likes

Alright, so we’ve discussed this and come to a decision.

At this time, we are allowing this entry to go forward. That being said, we will be keeping a close eye on this entry throughout the remainder of this contest, as we can already see it may be one of the more controversial options voters will be asked to consider.

We also wish to remind everyone that per the wording of Rule 11, we can at any time decide to disqualify an entry. That includes during the voting period. So if this becomes a larger issue and we see it becoming disruptive, we will not hesitate to make that decision.

Thank you, I will now reopen the topic, and I want to make clear that everyone should be following our rules regarding civility. If you can not be respectful to other members here, you will be given a warning. Enough of those will be a suspension. Be kind.

-Eljay

14 Likes

I don’t see why people think this is a joke entry. sure it’s not the most cohesive and nice looking thing in the world, but it’s clearly not intentionally bad.

10 Likes

I shall name it… Skeletakha!
Also, is it just me, or does the loincloth look like it has two different shades of green?

Edit: blue pins aren’t from 1999-2003, 0/10. /s

2 Likes

I love the Aztec skeletal vibe you’ve got going on for this.

You sure about that? image

6 Likes

I was wondering the same thing.

I love how this looks even if it doesnt fit my image of artakha, He looks so Unsettling yet spiritual

1 Like

This by far looks the best to me, it actually looks like a bionicle that could have been released or made canon during bionicles lifetime. It’s wonderful to see that it doesn’t include any pieces which were produced after the end of bionicle for a bionicle purist like myself it’s a delight to see an entry like that. It perfectly captures that blend of the technological/tribal/spiritual that really made bionicle so unique and why i still love bionicle after all these years since its cancellation. Very well done indeed and even if this design doesn’t win i will consider this to be Artakha’s appearance.

1 Like

Just wanted to say this is my favorite Artakha. Way more interesting than the contest finalists which were pretty generic and uninspiring honestly. This guy looks like some shambling ancient primordial god, really cool and does fit the primitive/mythological style of early Bionicle really well.

1 Like

He’s not from the early Bionicle era though

3 Likes
  • Bipedal
  • Featherless

Behold, a man

-Diogenes yeeting a plucked chicken at Plato

5 Likes

Looks abstract and Mayan in a way, its uses the parts really well. IMO just doesnt fit the G1 astethic, but outside of that, top 3 of all Artakas ive seen. I CANNOT emphesize enough how cleverly this is build. Well done man

1 Like