Artakha has entered the chat: BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker Art

Amazing job! Top 3 for me, so far!

At first I wanted to add Helryx and Lewa/Tren Krom to the main art, in the form of a sahdow or just the heads out of focus. But I wasn’t able to make it look good, and since I wanted to recreate that moment, I added Helryx in that aditional panel.

I hope you reach. To the moment I feel that there are too few art entries. About the symbols, to my knolage, the G2 symbols don’t mean nothing and since the mask isn’t the original Artakha one, I didn’t wanted to have the same symbols that the body. The runes on the other hand say some words :smirk:

1 Like

More than anything I want a comic adaptation of the serials from you

4 Likes

Someone else already did a comic adaptation, that I like a bit more because it looks like something out of the actual bionicle comics, but this has my second vote. Nice work!

Where can I find this?

The other comic adaptation is other entry for the contest. You can find the full list here:

hlebobas uploaded his comic adaptation of the same moment before me if you wanna check it out

I see. I misinterpreted the original comment.

I thought they meant that someone has made a comic adaptation of all of the serials.

Hey,

In reviewing the submissions before the deadline, we have determined that we unfortunately can’t accept this entry for submission in its current state. The actual design of Artakha is perfectly fine, but the issue stems from the cape, as it comes into conflict with Rule 4e:

Seeing as how the MoC used a black cape, your piece of artwork will need to as well (or at least a black/grey shade that is similar). You’re more than welcome to recolor the cape and resubmit the image; once that’s done, it will be totally fine. I intended to make this post three hours ago, but I opted to wait to seek advice from our moderating staff. As such, because that’s my bad, we’re going to give you an extra few hours past the deadline to make alterations. You have until 3 AM Eastern to recolor the cape and resubmit the images.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you so much for creating such an incredible piece! I look forward to seeing the altered version!

I have changed the cape color to black in the entry artwork, but I wanna point out that I originally had decided to change the cape color, because it was said that we could do it.

I hope everything is order now to compete.

1 Like

Sorry about that - I don’t get the final word on what actually is or isn’t allowed. Glad you’re still in the running though!

Yet.

2 Likes

No problem, it was an easy fix. I hope the other images with the red cape don’t matter, or do I have to change them as well?

You can imagine him as a shiny Artakha.

1 Like

Since the entry/mask picture is the only one that matters for DQ purposes you’re good! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be pretty dang stinkin’ awesome.:+1:

Anyhow, here’s my Artakha Dad Joke (in the form of a shameless plug for my own entry):

7 Likes

Im just imagining all of the matoran of Artakha Island having to pretend to think he’s hilarious because he’s basically a little g god.

1 Like

You mean like this? :laughing:

6 Likes

Artakha: Hidely-ho, matorinos! I see by the big board we got a negative Nellie in sector two. I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask the whole group to kinda freeze, and prepare for re-artakhucation.

“Want to hear a joke about creation? I’m still working on it.”

2 Likes

Why am I reminded of Santa Clause 2 now?:rofl:

it took me a bit to understand that one, but then it hit me
but now I get it

1 Like

I didn’t get to far away with the entry, but I wanna share the render I used to maintain proportions in the drawing.

4 Likes

Nice!:+1: