Artakha, Lord of Creation (Meet the Maker)

Greetings All! I present to you Artakha, the Lord of Creation.

I went for an ancient but powerful, lean but strong, and wise but dangerous, look. I used a lot of the Metru Armor for the ancient look, and the beefy but well proportioned limbs that give him the powerful and imposing aesthetic.

I based the warhammer heavily off of the one created to go with the Melding Universe Teridax created by [BZPower] member ToM Dracone. According to the Bionicle wiki, the canonical users of this Warhammer are melding universe Teridax and Artakha. As I could not find instructions, I did my best to imitate it.

In reading Artakha’s description, I always perceived ‘gray-green’ as gray AND green, but even so I knew that his canonical color was sand green. Thankfully, the rule allowing any shade of green as long as it was just one shade saved me, as I have hardly any sand green LEGO pieces let along Bionicle pieces. I decided on dark green as I felt it gelled the best with the silver (gray) of the rest of the armor. I tried to use many different armor pieces in order to emulate the ancientness of the armor and it being ‘covered in runes carved at the beginning of time’

I did my best to maintain the color proportion as according to the rules. As a result, the legs might not seem as balanced with the rest of the body, but I figured it was better to err on the side of caution in order to maintain the 60% outwardly green rule. Also, if you wish you can replace several of the leg armor pieces with silver ones.

My favorite part of the legs however, is the reverse piston assembly. I originally saw this technique used in the Von Nebula set, and thought it perfect to use for an ancient looking design. I’m especially proud of how I was able to leave the piston visible behind the shin armor, and yet make the leg looks chunky and complete. Speaking of pistons, I also used/left visible two pistons in the torso to continue that particular aesthetic.

Here are the required Front, Side, and Back shots:

Though it does not matter for this half of the competition, I decided upon Khingk’s version of the Mask of Creation. I feel it best fits the description as well as having elements from the G2 mask of creation, giving it a sense of familiarity. The place I had do the printing was not able to print out the runes that are supposed to be there, but I still think it looks fantastic on my MOC. (Link to Khingk’s mask: The Legendary Mask of Creation (YMZAR7FNU) by KhingK and The Legendary Mask of Creation by KhingK - Thingiverse) Many thanks to Khingk for making his design available! It looks so good!

Artakha is described as being ‘at least 10 feet tall’. I did my best to make him as close in size to Tobduk as possible, but he did wind up being a head and shoulders or so taller.

Here he is with Tobduk and (former) Hand of Artakha member Axonn.

Here is Artakha with two (former) Hand of Artakha members Hydraxon and Axonn.

Artakha is known for creating many things, but one of the greatest was probably the Mask of Light. I took some shots of him forging and admiring it.

He also created the Toa Mata and their masks and weapons.

Here is Artakha with the other two canonical bearers/wearers of the other two Legendary Masks.

Since Ekimu from G2 was (I’m assuming) based off of Artakha, here I have the two incarnations of the Creator character.

Finally, here is a meme recreated featuring Artakha vs Teridax (my Titan+ sized MOC version)

Here are the breakdown pics, I apologize for the lack of quality as this part was very last minute.

I had canisters full of fun creating this MOC. It is far and away my best work yet, far outstripping my previous best MOC. I know I’m up against some tough competition, especially with Wholesome Gadunka and Wombat Combat Pictures (whose MOCs are pretty spectacular), but still want to through my proverbial hat (or Kanohi in this case) in the ring as Artakha has been my all time favorite Bionicle character ever since I learned of his existence. I knew I had to enter. If I do win, I will provide a tutorial in some manner or other of how to build my version of Artakha. Thank you for scrolling through my entry!

Mata Nui watch over you, and may the best MOC win!

56 Likes

Your first mistake was using the Bionicle Wiki. The image on the “Warhammer” page is not indicative of all warhammers. Besides, Artakha’s hammer is a forge tool, while Melding Teridax’s hammer was made for battle.

That being said, this is a very good model. The proportions are just right, it isn’t gappy, and it looks very smooth.

And, even if its inclusion doesn’t quite make sense, the hammer looks very natural with this figure.

4 Likes

If I may ask, what’s wrong with the Bionicle wiki? I’ve been using it for years and only recently (within the last year and a half) discovered Biosector01. (if you look under users in this link you’ll see what I’m referencing) Warhammer | The BIONICLE Wiki | Fandom. Thanks for the critique and compliments! I appreciate them both :slight_smile:

Great MOC! :+1:

Question:
Since Artakha can manipulate protosteel, wouldn’t that essentially mean he’s able to pull a “Magneto vs. Logan” on any Makuta he fought one-on-one?

1 Like

That’s an excellent question! I’ve often theorized and daydreamed about how a fight would go between Artakha and a Makuta. The Makuta’s 42 powers+ shadow are an obvious edge, and Artakha’s 2 canonical inherent powers are Telepathy and Teleportation. That combined with the hammer would make him a formidable opponent, though perhaps not strong enough to best a Makuta 1v1, however the Mask of Creation on top of all that would tip the scales. I’m not exactly sure how far, but I think it would make the fight a lot more even.

To directly answer your question (in my opinion, idk if I’m correct) Not quite. Though I’m not well versed in the X-men I know enough about Magneto’s power set to get an idea of what you’re getting at. I don’t think he’d be able to telekinetically throw around Teridax (or whatever Makuta he was fighting) but he would be able, to some extent, to screw with their armor and perhaps render it useless and the makuta themself in their vaporous spirit form.

TL;DR Not in exactly the way your thinking, but he would be a formidable opponant against a Makuta 1v1. (In my opinion of course. I could be totally off the mark, I’m just basing this off of what I know of Artakha and the Mask of Creation from Biosector and the wiki)

1 Like

The Bionicle Wiki has a habit of using unsourced, inaccurate information. For example, they said Artakha has a warhammer.

Another example is this:

“Matoran also had to “recharge” their energy occasionally in one of two ways; they either went to a power station and recharged once a year, or they “ate” by taking in energy from objects like fruit, berries and fish.”

It is true that they have to recharge, but there was never any canon reference to ‘power stations’ or ‘once a year’.

Or, from the Voya Nui page:

“Shortly after the Great Beings created the Matoran Universe hundreds of thousands of years ago,…”

The Matoran Universe was only created 100,000 years ago, give or take a year or two.

3 Likes

Ah. I see what you mean. The fact that it’s a ‘wiki’ should’ve tipped me off to the fact that it’s like wikipedia. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and will take the wiki articles with a grain of salt here on out.

1 Like

I like this one

1 Like

Thank you!

Stunning design, great work!

1 Like

Thank you!

This one has an iconic silhouette just like Brutaka or Axonn. Also the Spinax head for torso armor is sweet!

1 Like

Thank you so much for entering!

Before we can accept this entry, we will need to request at least one breakdown photo, ideally of the torso. Please add one before the end of the entry period.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you sir! When I was messing around with it and it fit in place right over the Zaktan foot, I knew I’d stumbled upon something great. You think it’s iconic looking? That means a great deal to me. Thank you for your response! It brought me joy.

@Eljay Thank you for allowing me Eljay! It is an honor to compete to create the canon version of my favorite character for one of my top two favorite fandoms :smiley:

1 Like

We haven’t accepted it yet, we need one breakdown photo first. Please add it before the entry period ends!

1 Like

Oh shoot! I didn’t realize! I’ll do that right now. Thanks for the warning!

You’ve got 10 minutes. Hurry!

4 Likes

They’re in! I pray I’m not too late. If I am too late, is there any way I might still be considered? I’m afraid I didn’t see anything in the rules about a set of breakdown photos. I may have missed them, but I would humbly ask that this simple mistake does not bar me from the competition. @Eljay

@Eljay I will have to go to bed soon as it is getting quite late where I am though it is not yet midnight. (I thought the entry period didn’t end until midnight, but I didn’t think of the timezone issue). I might not see your reply until the morning, and if there is something I can do to still be considered, I hope that that mercy can be extended to tomorrow morning. Again, I’m very sorry for any trouble this may have caused. I worked really hard on this MOC and do not want it to be for naught.

Sorry about this getting disqualified, man. :pensive:

This was one of my favorite entries. :+1:

1 Like