Artakha (Meet the Maker)

That mask is so good, and the MOC is super solid! I can’t stop looking at him, it’s great.

You should definitely also consider entering the mask contest! Those sketches look great!

For the first two and a half weeks of entry period only one MOC appealed to me. And in last three days we get an entire landslide of great entries like this one… The voting is definitely gonna be a headache.

1 Like

This is the winner, I call it now. Exceptional work! I’d love for this to be canonized.

Good luck to everyone else, we’re gonna need it lol

Thanks so much for entering!

You are right, the cloak is going to be a point of contention, but I’m not sure for which reason yet. Firstly, I’ll need to discuss with Meso whether this is going to breach our multiple shades of green rule, since it is not sand green nor dark green.

Second, and the more important reason (and the reason for my post) is the source of the cloth itself. Where is that from? If it’s custom, it will have to go.

Thank you!

@Eljay

Perfect, thank you! I had missed that, apparently.

1 Like

I love this! Very nice work!

Obviously I have no real say in this decision, but I would argue that the cloth should be allowed, since it is more of an accessory than actual armour.

Of course, there could be others who refrained from adding similar accessories because of the rule, so there is something to be said for staying consistent with the exact letter of the rule.

I absolutely love the protoss vibes coming off this one!

Update: We are opting to allow it, on the grounds the cloth is not considered armor, and as such does not meet the qualifications of the description.

10 Likes

Fantastic! Cheers Eljay :slight_smile:

I was about to say, the cloth is pretty close to sand green either way

This is probably one of, if not my favorite entries for the contest so far. How tall is this guy compared to a given set (like Brutaka or such)?

2 Likes

Awesome build but I see 2 problems here (at least imo) 1: Artahka is a tall, ancient smith, while one could say this does capture that aesthetic, it still does not translate well. It reminds me more of the ethereals from xcom. 2: It looks great and all but its too alien and does not fit within the G1 aesthetic. Great job on the build but it just does not scream Artahka.

He looks like an advance alien-deity. As hes coming from entirely different time and dimension. Which is a good thing, since artakha is always have this enigmatic yet futuristic aura about him. I like how you manage to captured both of that.

Although I must say, I feel like hes a bit too organic and elegant to be artakha but who know, maybe with the mask of creation, he couldve rebuilt himself to look better and more beautiful than his original form. Also, honestly i think he fits better in g2 than g1. Dont get me wrong, i actually think that he fits the role as one of the deity in that franchise if it ever to be continue better than just an enigmatic yet brilliant maker in g1.

Nevertheless, i definitely love this one. Its kne of those moc that i wish that i could build it one day if i were to given an instruction and enough parts. Good job dude

Way to put the art in Artakha, you definitely have my vote.

1 Like

You’ve captured a sort of elegance and gracefullness that a lot of the other MoC’s seem to have overlooked, and I love that. Artakha is a huge, imposing figure, but he’s also a benevolent ruler and a silent artist. You’ve hit both, and more, captured the ancient nature of the being without making him look frail or non-Bionicle-ey.

Fantastic build. Loving every inch of it, don’t have a negative word to say. You have a vote.

EDIT: The feet look almost bovine, which I kind of like as there’s a species of bull considered to be the only Rahi “civilized” enough to live on his island.

1 Like