Artakha The Arcane (Meet the Maker Contest Part 2 Entry)

This is my entry for the Meet the Maker Canon Contest.

The mask that I used was designed by KhingK, Here is the 3D model:

This was so fun to draw! I don’t think I’ve put this much effort into an art piece before in my life and as such I think this is my most detailed work yet!

My main idea with this drawing was to make Artahka’s Armor a similar texture to oxidized copper to give him a more regal appearance as well as showing his age. I still made it subtle enough to ignore if you really wanted to though.

The runes were also fun to design. There aren’t that many of them but there is a reason for that. The runes were designed so that they could be made into stickers and actually put on the official MOC. Not saying I know anything about making stickers but it is a possibility.

The shoulder pads have furnaces built into them and the hammer is smoking like there is an engine in there. I also made him holding the Avohkii because this is suppose to be depicting him crafting the mask of light and admiring it’s gleam.

Good luck to all the other contestants!

27 Likes

The Avohkii is a really nice touch! I also like how you’ve considered making the runes into stickers for MOC building.

3 Likes

Thank you! Didn’t expect you’d be the first to comment on here, but it means a lot coming from you!

1 Like

Hmm… do I see a Slizer planet on the right chestplate? :smirk:

I didn’t miss the Cryoshell logo either

Yeah, good eye! To be more specific it was a reference to Jet’s Level 8 Disk from the first wave of Slizer (which had planet Slizer on it). As for the Cryoshell logo you could also see it as a reference to that one panel from the Mata Nui Saga where it showed all the different cultures the great spirit robot studied.

I wanted to add more from there but unfortunately I ran out of time.

1 Like