Artakha the Creator (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Here is my entry for the second canon contest. He appeared to be ambivalent to the events of the world, creating artifacts of both light and darkness, and also isolating his domain from the outside world.

Entry Photo:

I wanted to make him highly armored, and tried to make some unique shaping in his design. He has some oddities about his appearance such as slightly haunched legs, clawed hands, and exposed ribs. Being that he and Karzahni are unique creations of the Great Beings, and early ones at that, I think there could be some “otherness” and prototyping to his look. For example: prominent pistons in his abdomen and legs and cables running up his spine. For his hammer I went the route of classic Bionicle design, and just put an absurde amount of pistons on it. For his mask I used the Olmak as a placeholder, as I did not wish to buy any new parts, or 3D print them.

Front:

Side:

Back:

Poses:

Artakha and his Creations:

Breakdown:

Legs:

Arms:
For the arms the elbow is a four bar linkage that extends and contracts as it moves up and down.

Torso:

Hammer:

Let me know what you think, Thanks!

32 Likes

Great design and interesting concepts, exceptional work!

3 Likes

Oh…wow.

This is fantastic!

I actually really like this one. Definitely a contender for one of my top votes.

The Olmak is the only thing I don’t like, but it doesn’t matter for this contest, so I’m not too bothered.

2 Likes

Very cool interpretation of him! really like the overall aesthetic. Good luck in the polls!

1 Like

This is a really cool take! I especially like the beastlike proportions, hearkening to a Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex aesthetic - definitely a great thing in my book! My only point of contention is the amount of pistons on the hammer, which functionally makes little sense unless the hammer itself transforms or bends etc. Other than that, I think this one is definitely one to watch in the polls. All the best!

1 Like

Thanks for the comment. My rationale for the pistons is based on the sometimes outlandish weapons and toa tools we got in the sets. (look at some of the vahki staffs). Sometimes the part design is a bit goofy. I thought it would be kinda funny to do something like that by having an super overbuilt tool, who’s only function is to hit stuff.

This one stands out to me! nice job