Artakha, the Divine Blacksmith (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

My first post to the message boards, and it’s the wearer of the Mask of Creation himself, Artakha!

I’ve been working on this guy on-and-off since the contest started, and felt that he’s finally at a stage where I feel comfortable entering him, so here he is!

Overview pictures:
Front:

Side:

Back:

Obviously, owing to the lack of sand-green constaction pieces, I opted to add a large number of brick-built armour elements, mostly using pieces from the Ninjago Green Ninja Mech Dragon, and fill in the rest with Metru-green as a placeholder.

The cape and wide hips are somewhat of an allusion to his ‘brother’ Karzahni - as the two of them were created by the great beings at the same time, and for similar purposes, I feel that there would be a fair bit of similarity between the two of them - though Artakha clearly kept his cape in better condition than Karzahni did! The cape itself is from the Hero Factory Furno XL set, attached simply by sliding the larger central hole over the ball joint at the neck before attaching the head.

Breakdown photos:
Front:

Side:

Back:

Aside from the lower legs, the core of this guy is predominantly G1 and Technic, with the torso based around a heavily modified Metru build, whilst the system and CCBS parts were mainly used to add additional detail.
The hammer is relatively simple - I opted not to make it look too decorative, since he used it as a smithing tool first and foremost, so it’s simply a heavy weapon for swinging around, rather than anything particularly advanced.

Thanks for checking out my entry, and may the best MOC win!

29 Likes