Artakha, the guy that makes the stuff (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

I’d seen this MOC before, and I was blown away. But after having so many other Artakha MOCs flood my head, I’d forgotten just how amazing this one was, and seeing it again, I was once again blown away.

It’s super detailed, it’s super articulated, it’s exceptionally well-shaped, and it checks off just about every detail in the character description perfectly… except for the sand green part.

Judging by the winning entry of the Helryx art contest, the art half of this contest could recolor a few bits here and there, but as it is, this is really stretching what it means to be sand-green.

And yet… I almost don’t care. The MOC excels in pretty much every other aspect so much, that I think I’m still going to vote for it as my top choice in Poll Two.

And wow, that hammer is surely the definitive rendition of it. The transformation feature is really cool, and on top of that, the hammer looks really good in both forms. It also acts as a sort of play feature, and I love to see people incorporate those into their MOCs.

The greebling on this MOC really gives off an ornate feel, and I suppose they could be interpreted as the “runes” on his armor. Somehow, you’ve managed to combine dark gray, sand green, silver, gold, and light blue all into the same MOC, and make it not only work, but look amazing.

What more can I say? This MOC is beautiful!

6 Likes

This is stunning. This build stands on it’s own as art, but also as a depiction of Artakha. It’s not as green as I would like, but that’s such a minor complaint looking at the mastery of technique that’s gone into portraying the character.

I could complement so many aspects of this MoC. An awesome build.

4 Likes

Great work on this build! :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, I really hope this goes on to win!:+1:

2 Likes

I appreciate that dude, I certainly hope for the best~

2 Likes

Yup, this Entry is by far the the best one out of the finalists.:+1:

It’s build is just too good to pass up.:+1:

2 Likes

Dude, you just upped this with the detachable work hammer. It’s so versatile for everything.

2 Likes

Gonna repost this here or no one will see it:

Studio file here

I’ll still be uploading video instructions, hopefully sometime this week, but I want to put the studio file out there first for anyone that’s curious. One thing to note - Studio and all custom parts packs still don’t have the sports hockey skate so all hockey skates have been replaced with bohrok feet (part 44847 → 41668). Other than that, the file comes pre-rigged both for limbs and hammer pieces so he can be posed out of the box. But unfortunately due to the waist pistons, waist articulation won’t be an easy pose in studio.

6 Likes

Don’t you mean “WholesomeGadunka”? :wink:

3 Likes

I decided to change some of the colors and I dig how it looks with existing sand green parts. Glad you made it to the final round.

3 Likes

I’ve already said this on Poll 13, but:
Nice job, @Kodiak!:+1:

what’s that extra beast foot in the background?

@The_Blue_Panda Sand green protector feet. If Gadunka wins I’ll probably build something like this, except this doesn’t have any painted pieces. Not sure what to replace the gold stars armor with.

2 Likes

Well, the Poll has closed, peeps.

@WholesomeGadunka Thank you for building this incredible Artakha and sharing it with the rest of us in this contest.:+1:
It’s been one awesome heck of a ride.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

Dude, thank YOU! It’s been amazing to see people so enthusiastic for something I’ve built, and more than a few of your comments definitely made my day xD

Win or lose, that alone made it worth it.

10 Likes

Thanks, @WholesomeGadunka,- glad to have made your day.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Thank you for making ours.:+1::sparkler:

2 Likes

Congrats on making it to the final round. Regardless of the outcome, I’d still like to build this one sometime. What’s the name of the green paint you used?

5 Likes

This shall forever be the Artakha in my heart.

5 Likes

*Final update

Video instructions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgoc3Z25H8

8 Likes

@WholesomeGadunka

Might wanna edit for double posting.

It’s kinda against the rules!