Artakha, the Living Forge (Canonization Contest “Meet the Maker”)

I love this, it’s actually my favourite interpretation of this character in this contest.

From what little we know of Karzahni, it stands to reason his ‘brother’ also decayed physically and mentally over years of seclusion;
This could explain why he refused to show himself to the Toa Nuva or his own subjects, or justifies his (in my opinion, insane) indifference to events outside his realm.

From a design standpoint this entry nails tall, imposing and ancient.
Unlike most named characters he was not a warrior, nor was he necessarily aligned with Good:

From Artakha (Location) - BIONICLEsector01
Artakha asked that the Order of Mata Nui remove all traces of his realm’s existence. The Order complied, commissioning Tobduk to eliminate everyone who knew where the realm was located (including Order members and Kojol himself).

Good luck to everyone in this poll! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Surprising, and cool. Doesn’t look imposing so much as insidious, though - it feels a bit too “villain” for me, which I think is my issue more than the thinness of it.

Almost missed that chest forge, which is awesome. Would have made a great entry for that “Legends and Infamy” contest BS01 had a while back where you had to make a hero as a villain.

4 Likes

While I don’t think this MOC really suits Artahka as a character, the build itself is phenomenal. The back looks rather bare and unfinished, but I think you could easily tidy that up with a few more pieces (or just toss a cape over it) and you’d have something really fantastic :+1:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, was there any specific reason behind which side has two arms, and which side has one, or was it just whatever popped into your head first?

1 Like

there wasn’t any particular thought into it. Just wanted him to have 3 arms

2 Likes

The three arms is something so unusual that I think it have to be in the description of the character. Maybe it is a dumb reason, but for that alone I do not see him as Artakha… on the other hand it is so good that I wouldn’t mind if it became his official appearance :grinning:

1 Like

Amazing. Totally fits the character as being this reclusive, imposing, mysterious figure to the point of being ominous. Sad this one didn’t win.

The slender and tall body contrasts incredibly well with the official Karzahni set which is short and bulky.
They both share dark green, but one has the mask as the only part of the figure that is of a shiny metal (aside from the ring), while Karzahni has bright pearl silver spread out all over his body.
It gives this vibe that Artakha is fully devoted to creation and art of his mask, while karzahni is a chaotic tyrant that has shiny metal everywhere just for the sake of having a lustrous armor.
Also Gold is given to winners while silver to second best.

The details like the chains, cloth and overall complexity of the torso are simply beautiful. I also really like the asymmetry of the arms.

This is definitely my all-time favorite MOC, It legit pops in my mind every time I think of Bionicle creations, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

2 Likes