Artakha, the Living Forge (Canonization Contest “Meet the Maker”)

My entry to the 2020 Artakha canonization contest. Breakdown pics of confusing areas pictured below

Breakdown pics
https://flic.kr/p/2jKC3cZ
https://flic.kr/p/2jKCVkB
https://flic.kr/p/2jKC3if

76 Likes

This a cool moc but not how I would see Artakha. Maybe with the chains and noodle arms it feels more like if Karzahni won the mask of creation instead of Artakha.

11 Likes

I feel like we’re getting these spindly Artakha’s as a direct reaction to the bufftakha’s

24 Likes

While I’m a fan of the more buff-looking Artakha MOCs, this is definitely a very interesting and well-done interpretation. Artakha as a spindly and creepy-looking entity isn’t something I was expecting to see and it’s actually kinda cool, especially with that giant hammer as well.

4 Likes

I love the forge in the chest! That’s such a cool design element.

6 Likes

Three arms is a pretty cool and unique design choice!. It’s not really what I imagine Artakha to look like, but its a neat looking MOC, regardless

Q: Where is that loin cloth piece from?

2 Likes

The loincloth is from a Star Wars set, “Battle on Takodana”

3 Likes

I absolutely love the idea of him having a literal forge in his chest, and the construction is great, but I feel like the idea would work better with a much bulkier build.

3 Likes

Thank you for entering! Before we can accept it, we will need at least one back photo. Thank you!

1 Like

Very nice work Jack! I like the use of colors here to make him eerie looking.

1 Like

Spooky scary skelartahka!

2 Likes

Uploaded back pic. Is this acceptable?

2 Likes

This is a great MOC, but it feels a bit too…menacing to be Artakha. Not menacing as in, “oh my god, this guy is huge and regal and clearly important,” but menacing as in, “this is a skeleton/bug monster that’s going to eat my kidneys.” It just doesn’t convey much about the character’s role in canon.

3 Likes

The design, while it looks certainly creepy and unique in a good way, to me, it doesnt feels like Artakha to me. Honestly, it feels like its more of an ancient deity coming from a forgotten culture (which is kind of a good thing for artakha if your intention is going for an ancient vibe).

That being said, it is still an amazing moc and i really love how it looks, as like i said, it has a very ancient feels about it, as if he’s been living longer than anything. It wont get my vote but it certainly is one of my fav moc so far. Good job dude!

6 Likes

7 Likes

Initially, I wasn’t at all sold on it, but nothing is entirely saying that Artahka would not be some sort of creepy-past tier spindly being of the forge.

I would question how something that genuinely looks frail would fair against his brother in a fight, but that’s a rapier vs the broadsword kind of thing.

I also like the asymmetry of the build.

2 Likes

I adore the look of that kiln for a chest.

3 Likes

This is very creepy and very different, I’m into it. The little fire bits in the chest is a great touch

2 Likes

I have to echo what others have said here; this is in no way close to how I’ve ever imagined Artakha, but I absolutely love it. Liking the skeletal design and the forge in his chest is such a cool idea. I know they’re labeled as breakdown pics so this probably wasn’t the intention, but I love the mental image of Artakha folding his shoulders back like that for access to the chest forge. It’s very different and I like that; it fits in well in a universe where upright lizards have boxing gloves and tigers have accordion necks. It has some of the fun ridiculousness that later Bionicle lacked while being dark and unsettling enough to fit right in with the 2006+ crowd.

Was curious how it’d look in sand green, so I did a Stud.io render.

6 Likes

Similar to @Darknova3529’s Artakha, I like the idea of Artakha literally being himself a forge. It harkens back to the early years of Bionicle when everything had a clear part to play in the Great Spirit Robot. In that context, a walking, talking forge actually seems a lot more plausible.

That said, this seems a bit too far outside the realm of plausibility for what Artakha could canonically look like. I still love this as a standalone MOC, but I’m probably not going to be voting for it in this contest.

2 Likes