Artakha the Winner: meet the maker, part 2 (art) entry

Woah, this art piece is incredible

1 Like

Yeah I get your reasoning and it is a very pretty art nontheless, but it still doesn’t make sense for Artakha to be standing amidst a hellish landscape like his brother. Artakha (island) is supposed to be a paradise with technologically advanced cities, and I know that he can change its environment however he pleases, but still, rocky ground and blazing fire is not what comes to my mind first when I think of Artakha.

Also I think it’s funny how there’s a possibility of yet ANOTHER Hellboy becoming canon :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I want this to win.

2 Likes

sorry for my late reply!
i will change the background this weekend and let people choose the best one

2 Likes

You might have to ask the admin for permission

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reminder!(bow low) Almost be DQ’d :rofl:.
I do intend to think about the background again. It would be nice if the background could be suitable for Arakha Island, but as a painter, I have much more to consider. Because I choose the current background mainly to keep the color harmonious, if I change the background, it is almost impossible to guarantee that it looks better than the original.
In my original idea, this background represents their brothers’ battlefield, which is also the meaning of “winner” in my title
If I really think of a better background scheme(trying now), I will send it up for you to help me make decisions and apply for changes. Moreover, I find it really interesting to discuss with you guys. I am super surprised to meet soooooo many bionicle fans in ttvchannel!

4 Likes

Well, I’m not sure if you would’ve been DQ’d. My guess would be that they just wouldn’t accept the new one, and instead continue with the old one. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hi my friends!
I think I need some feedback from you
This is going to be the new version of my work

the old one will be replaced once most of you think this is better

10 Likes

So is it confirmed that you can replace it? Or you do not mean the entry itself but the art? And yes it is better. Runes on the Hau are weird. What it is in his right hand - there is no paper in MU (though Artakha might’ve created it for himself)?

I asked, but no one answered me.
But I noticed that someone had modified their works in the previous contest, so I think this should be allowed
Are you sure there is no paper in mu? Is there any parchment? If not, I might have to change the painting

The Scroll of Preparation is paper, placed by the Great Beings in the Great Temple. It is possible that the Great Beings gave Artakha paper too early on his creation, I don’t think it is an issue

3 Likes

As Surel-Nuva said, the only one known paper thing in MU is the Scroll of Preparations, but I don’t know if it is the only one. As a clue, on the Scroll’s page it is said that it is not made of protodermis - so it couldn’t be replicated for sure.

1 Like

The MNOG2 had sailcloth too, it was made from string by the Ga-Matoran Sasha in Ga-Koro, and it was protodermis based. I would say they have the material to make it, but they don’t often use it.

3 Likes

Actually, now with that glow on Hau, I like idea that he is building Tahu using his mask, and so instead of paper in other hand, he could be holding Toa Mata leg/arm piece.

1 Like

The blue-purple background makes the art look more authentic as a whole, even though I’m still iffy on the mask’s arrows and rectangles with text. I don’t think Artakha holding a scroll is an issue an all, nor should it be, and I’m glad you went with something resembling the G2 mask. The scratches and dents also help with the authenticity.

5 Likes

It has been a week since I released my entry, and I sincerely thank all of you for your suggestions on this work, and now, as you can see, our Artakha looks much better than last week.
But the bad news is that I am very busy on weekdays and I have exams next week, so I’m not sure if I can make a lot of big changes.
I promise that as long as I have a little time, I will read your comments and continue to modify the work, I will try my best to make it in line with your imagination of Artakha!
Bow deeply for three times!

5 Likes

@all
Hi guys, I just finished my last update. I hope you like it! Thanks to all the people who have helped me!
It’s amazing that my work is so much better than it was at the beginning!
I will also continue to participate in canon art contests! See you in the future!

3 Likes

Good luck you too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Have a “play-well”!
Hewkii

3 Likes

He’s sadthaka now because he totally botched that Hau.