Ash Dragon

So I didn’t actually build this today, but in honor of 810NICLE day, I wanted to share this creation with you all. :upside_down_face:

The Ash Dragon typically lives around Ta-Wahi, among the lava flows, but every so often it flies to Le-Wahi for “greener” pastures to hunt in. It flies silently with it’s black wings and is a very efficient hunter. Fortunately it cannot breathe fire, but it produces a cloud of ash when it lands, stunning prey and foes alike.

Anyways, you know the drill, let me know what you think, any feedback is appreciated! This has been one of my more complex mocs, and I’m quite happy with how it turned out (aside from the head, I was hoping to use something different than the Vakama Hordika head, but I figured it worked in the end.)

41 Likes

One of the best Bionicle dragons I have ever seen.
The choice of combined arms and wings and the usage of duel tone parts really makes this beautiful. Also that last picture :ok_hand:

I think that back picture highlights a weak area. So perhaps just general gap filling idk.

as the sun set, Ash Dragon emerged, unquestioned lord of the sandbox.

This thing is really neat. The bat/flying squirrel vibes fit really well.

4 Likes

Very cool Dragon MOC!
I also love your photo style! :grinning: :grinning: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Great dragon build!

Really great moc!

This is quite impressive, I love a good dragon build as they are hard to make (believe, I’ve tried). The Hordika head works surprisingly well for a dragon and I really love those wings. Good work!

Actually that’s the moon rising, but yes the sandbox (or beach in this case) is definitely his! :grin:

Thanks, I really enjoyed shooting this particular set! :smiley:

Yes it was definitely hard to get the details just right, I actually made the wings first, and then built the torso around it lol.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it means alot! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes