Assassin.

Adis looked at himself in the mirror. The mirror was cracked, chipped, and dirty; The tile beneath his feet was a disgusting shade of beige, lined with accumulated dirt and grime. His metallic face peered from the hood of his jacket, a red glow appearing from his eyes. He exited from the public bathroom, his feet tapping on the sidewalk as he moved. It was a cold and moody day, and the sun was hidden behind smog filled clouds. The restroom was outside the Center, a once old and dilapidated steel mill, turned into a lavish central figure piece.
A podium had been assembled outside the large building, where Governor Howard, was about to give another one of his infamous dry speeches. Howard was always one for theatrics, constantly trying to show off on stage. His revolting need for attention and funds cost him to make quite a few enemies, some who would pay a pretty penny for him to disappear. Adis snorted as he started to hear Howard’s amplified voice through a microphone.
“We welcome you all today, to celebrate this grand of grandest achievements: the opening of the Center!” The crowd, a rowdy group of citizens, and a quieter group of investors, all dressed in black suits and even darker sunglasses, erupted with loud cheers from the citizens, and clapping from the investors. Adis circled to the secondary building, in front of the Center, a rusted warehouse, once filled with the metal from the steel mill. Howard had set his campaign dead middle into the nation’s attention, constantly trying to impress more and more investors. Too many had lent money and were never paid back. A ladder, no doubt there for maintenance purposes, had been attached to the side of the building. As Adis ascended the rusted shell of the ladder, the metal creaked and groaned under his weight, but held fast. Howard wanted to change the Nation forever. When Adis reached the top, a black case was waiting for him. He quickly opened it up, revealing a rifle, along with a single cartridge.
He stood, loading the cartridge.
It was simply a shame Howard will never see the end of it.
" We are here to celebrate the Nations great milest-"
Before Howard could finish his sentence, Adis pulled the trigger. The loud shot rang out, as the Fifty caliber bullet glided through the air, directly into Howard’s head. As the bullet pierced through 2.4 millimeters of bone, blood and brain matter sprayed from the hole onto the solid concrete, as his now-lifeless body toppled from the podium to the ground, with a wet thud. Screams rang out as the crowd scattered, and security personnel rushed to protect the investors. Adis had completed his job. Quickly, he descended down the ladder, his mechanical legs clicking on the hard rusted metal. By the time his feet had hit the sidewalk, he could already hear the sound of blaring sirens. Crap. Adis thought. He quickly hid inside the warehouse. The police officers had seen him, for the sounds of footsteps and radio chatter were audible. Swiftly, Adis hid near the entrance. He soon saw their flashlights, and heard their boots on the stone floor, their field radios still spewing out half-finished conversations and static. Adis slowly creeped out from his hiding place, approaching one of the officers with their backs turned. Unfortunately, the patter of his feet was enough to alert them, and the officer quickly turned around and fired with their handgun. While Adis quickly ran away to avoid damage, the group had been alerted. Adis waited. He once again darted forward, only now, they weren’t paying attention to the noise. Quick to take advantage of this, he twisted one of the officer’s necks, the awful sound of bones crunching and snapping filling the warehouse. Another one of the officers screamed at the sight of their colleague’s dead corpse and proceeded to fire at the dead body, in a state of shock, and then was immediately impaled through the back by Adis’s hand, severing the spinal column, straight into the heart. The final Officer started running for the entrance, until Adis walked in front of him, before using one of the other officer’s handguns to deliver a bullet to the head.
After all this, the money better be worth it.

2 Likes

I hope this doesn’t get hit with the rules against blood and gore.

1 Like

Thats why i asked.

2 Likes

This is an interesting story, one that I feel could do with just a little more backstory. The android assassin immediately makes me think of cyberpunk (and that one episode of Samurai Jack that was a homage to Blade Runner), but I don’t really get that feel from the story. What exactly is the justification for Adis being a robot, when he could just as easily be a human? The premise is interesting, but I could use some worldbuilding.

Also, and this is minor, I suggest you find another name for the “National Trade Center”. It makes me think of the Twin Towers, the name brings with it a load of socio-cultural baggage which drags the story down for me. Plus, it grounds to story for me in a specific timeframe, where I don’t see this futuristic aesthetic working.

3 Likes

Agreed. I kept having the strange image of a high-tech guy in a government building in Chicago.

2 Likes

yeah, i really need to better describe people for that story. Good news is, im making a new one that is significantly more detailed. @TahnokTrapper i changed the name.

3 Likes

That’s better. “Center” is far more neutral.

2 Likes