Atlas, the Defence Robot (3.0)

This is Atlas, a giant defence robot. Atlas units are giant robots designed for suburban combat against invading aliens.

This is my third version of Atlas, a few new features.

(Front)

(Back)

(Side)

(Other side)

Please tell me what you think!

23 Likes

I get what you’re trying to do, but I feel like the stubbiness of the arm with the hand is a bit off-putting.

The big flamethrower arm also looks a bit much, but that might just be me.

2 Likes

#ZERO OUT OF TEN
No P-Body

2 Likes

@Whaddon THE CAKE IS A LIE

2 Likes

I don’t know why.
Groovy.

1 Like

Reminds me of the YMIR mechs from Mass Effect

5 Likes

I really like the sorta flattened shape it has. Overall a really nice moc

2 Likes

Looks really nice!

2 Likes

Where is P-Body?
I DEMAND P-BODY

No really, this MOC is awesome

4 Likes

I like the flamethrower arm.

1 Like

so, as a self proclaimed expert on system, I wanted to look at this moc as soon as I saw the system tag. the flame thrower arm is off putting, and the lack of elbows and knees is also somewhat bad. looks good, mostly just small nitpicks

2 Likes

This thing is awesome. So original and well designed. Bots rule. I just wish I was better at making them. Thankfully so many of you guys kill it with bot builds.

1 Like

So darn cute for what I’m guessing is supposed to be a multi-story behemoth in true scale. If I had one, it would have a permanent place on my desk… probably in a waving pose.

1 Like

@Omega_Tahu Fixed it

2 Likes

sorry it took so long to reply…

anyways, although simple, these added joints completely changed the feel of the moc imo. it makes it seem much more serious instead of the cuteness that the original had. the added leg joints are great, and I envy you because you have the double socket with no ball piece (you have no idea how many times I could have used that). but the upper limbs feel tacked on, and I feel like you should remake the flamethrower arm entirely out of system, adding pipes connecting flamethrower to a fuel tank on the body, and using hinge joint pieces for elbows. changing it to system hinge joints would allow for a system upper arm, and would allow for the arm to flow into the body much better. I believe that this would make it even more spectacular.

also some action shots would be cool.

2 Likes

I actually liked the original better. But it’s your MOC you do what you want with it. I still like it in the end. :grinning:

2 Likes

pretty sure that this is inspired by Titanfall’s Atlas.

This moc is pure perfection. I could see this as being a robot that goes up to evil aliens, shouts out “I AM DEATH BOT!!! I AM HEAR TO DESTROY YOU!!! PREPARE TO BE ELIMINATED!!!” and all that’s left of the aliens a few moments later, is a massive smoldering crater. 1000000/10

I actually think the original is way better. I love the 100% beefy claw arm, and the massive tank in its back. The pose-ability looked fine. It had a look that just overall screamed “I A M DEATH BOT!!!” I’m just not feeling that same awesomeness factor, that I got with the first one. 7-8/10 at best. Probably lower.

Now you’re thinking with pieces

gj m8

@MaximusPrime The one featured in the main topic is the current version (Although I’m currently updating it), the one featured in the comment is an old version where I partially updated the original, but thanks for the feedback anyway.

1 Like