Attack of The Storm Beasts

Disclaimer: Some of you might wonder if I will do another drawing like this with the other beasts and toa. I do not plan to do so, so do not expect to see another one of these, also do not ask when it’s coming out.
However, I could still make another one for Umarak vs Ekimu, but I do not promise anything.

Anyway, boring disclaimer out of the way, I present you one of my favorite drawings of all time
#Attack of the storm beasts.

Which beast is your favorite? Can you spot the hidden Tahu and Onua?
Does this sound like a child game? Probably yes.

Anyway enjoy

48 Likes

Cool, can’t really see anything wrong with it.

i find Kopaka’s mask to be a little funny because of the scope, it makes him have a sort of worried/scared face.

It’s pure chaos!

“Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

Or in this case, freeze.

Found 'em?

3 Likes

Are they on the volcano?

1 Like

This is amazing down to point of having the open ball sockets on the back of their hands. I also love how you can just see Tahu fighting some LBs and Onua facing off against a QB over on the volcano.
I can’t find anything to critique here, good job

Edit - I just noticed the dead SB with the sword through it, Brilliant

2 Likes

I thought I should mention which beast is my favorite.

I really like how the Alpha and the Theta came out, their poses and detail were quite hard to get right.

(Symbols on their chests)

1 Like

Oh I just noticed those symbols, cool

would be interesting if you had added some original versions of the beasts in your drawing…

you know like with my Elemental beast drawings where in i made them more like a swarm army with different variations, which where simpy small, medium, large, and titans.

atleast you gave them differen symbols on their chest to indicate individuality.

1 Like

I think at this point in the canon all the Beasts of each kind are identical.

1 Like

I didn’t do that cause I wanted to keep these as set accurate as possible with a few little things of my own, like the symbols, and also personally I’m not a big fan of the idea of variations, since the beasts are essentially a variation of the same species with different tasks.

Anyway, what I did do to make them at least a bit unique besides the symbol was giving them different masks. Well, while it is pretty much the same mask I just made each one a bit different to stand out.

Alpha has a slightly lion/alligator face
Omega has a brute sadistic looking face
Theta has a sleek snakey face
Etc

2 Likes

oh didn’t notice that, thanks for the info.

its still a nice drawing.

also, i like the way you draw the beast’s eyes, like dead eyes with only a glowing pupil in it. mine is more like a basic “glowing eye, with a glowing pupil”

but of couse there are more differences, for example, your drawing of the storm beasts, have them with electric powers, or atleast electricity breath, while my version of the storm beasts have them with ice powers (which is why Storm Beast Kal have an icy mist in its rib cage)

Edit: i do agree with the beasts all being variation of the same species, i just like to add even more variations to them, like enemies from a video game.

1 Like

Is the one getting stabbed Delta?

1 Like

I mean you could see it that way, but tbh I didn’t really name that one cause… Well it’s ded, and the torso can’t be seen.

2 Likes

Very cool, I love the little detail with Kopaka’s sword impaled through one of the beasts.

1 Like

lets all have a moment of silence for… whats-his-name the Storm Beast.

1 Like

The coloring is very well done, but the lines could use some work.

This is entirely epic, Blu. By far my favorite piece you have made.

4 Likes