Avalanche Spear Head (because aesthetics is important)

While I still don’t like the blade-heavy-side set of the art’s described piece, at least it can still be tweaked a little for those of us who crave aesthetic consistency. So, here’s the Avalanche Spear spearhead with a Technic hole, just like nearly every other Bionicle tool.

Free download on Thingiverse:

Bionicle Toa Hagah Pouks Avalanche Spear by Kanohi_Cantri - Thingiverse

Anyhow, congratulations to @specterL for winning this contest.

17 Likes

Thingiverse is a site where users can upload 3d models to share publicly. You may want to utilize that, or the google drive method Sokoda uses to share his weekly build stud.io files.

Excellent edit to the original part.

4 Likes

Ooh, looks pretty neat. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks. I created a Thingiverse account and uploaded it, but it says it won’t be available for 24 hours.

It is now available for download.

5 Likes

Neat.

1 Like

This looks great.

However, each of the Hagah had 2x1 holes on their spear tips instead of the 1x1. Is the 1x1 meant to keep the integrity of the piece?

1 Like

I like it! though what was wrong with the original part?

1 Like

Yes, integrity is important. But also, the artwork only has one hole/dimple, and there is no changing that fact. However, there have been other cases within set waves where there was a dissimilarity between number of holes, and even where they are placed. Take the Seismic Spear for example: it too has a neck before the hole, which is different from all the others. But there have been tools such as the Bohrok Stone Shield, Kopaka Mata’s Ice Sword, and Toa Nuju’s Crystal Climbers that have had a similar separation, so I don’t mind this difference too much.

@Enbeanie - My main issue lied with there being no hole at all. The only other example I can think of off the top of my head would be the Bohrok-kal Vacuum Shield piece. But that piece had an excuse, as its open structure wouldn’t allow for a nicely placed technic hole. This sword piece, however, doesn’t have such excuse. That’s why I edited one in.

1 Like

This piece is now available for download on Thingiverse.

Sorry for the double post, just bringing light to the update.

1 Like

Nice, this will actually be really useful. Good job.