Bad Set Design Choices

Are there any things you would have done differently with a set? change an eye color, switch weapons, a different mask, anything?

Personally, Teridax’s blue eeyes make no sense to me, they should have been red.

11 Likes

Not to give an obvious answer, but I would have totally redesigned most of the 2008 Toa Nuva.

18 Likes

Red-eyed bad guys are cliche. Blue eyes are unique.

22 Likes

That reminds me of something else. Why did all of the good guys and bad guys have color-coordinated eyes in 2008? I definitely would have changed that.

10 Likes

coughBioniclestars cough
No, but other than that, I wish the Inika had normal heads/masks :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Umm.

I think the Vahki and Rahkshi should have had a function locker for one.

10 Likes

Inika heads, Sidoraks head, 2008 Toa nuva
Aaand the agori and av-matoran design with more posibility

10 Likes

I think it would have been a better choice to have the 08 toa represent their old sets better, like some have said here. I didn’t mind the overall design, but I think it would have been better to give them all weapons more like the weapons the Toa Nuva had always used. Instead they focused way too much on blasters. I remember back when I first got them I was like “how are they supposed to focus elemental energy through these?”.

8 Likes

You know what, I don’t have that big of a gripe with the stars (mostly because it was a dying line) but I really did not like that Phantoka and Mistika. The makuta weren’t all that “menacing” and the toa mata did not even look close to their past forms.

5 Likes

Lewa’s arm is to floppy :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

lime green
I would make it a stronger plastic

13 Likes

For 2015 Pohatu, I think the gears should go on his legs instead of his arms.

13 Likes

I think the Phantoka were okay. The Mistika were abominations though…

11 Likes

To think that I “liked” gali mistika back then…
Good thing that krika exists tho.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t hate the Phantoka Toa. I actually think Lewa was pretty good.

11 Likes

Just the quality of lime green is my gripe in lewa phantoka. Other wise hes pretty cool.

4 Likes

At least it wasn’t as bad as Lesovikk. shudder

2 Likes

Oh boy am I gonna have trouble when getting him online.

1 Like

Would the quality of parts count? I still of nightmares over Ehlek.

8 Likes

Why just complain about lime green? I have lots of broken dark green and dark grey sockets as well, probably more than my broken lime…

3 Likes