Banned Words

I recently tried to make a topic named “99 Assault Module”. So I was about to post it when it said it contained the censored word ‘a s s’, in the title, which is obviously part of the ‘Assault’ word.

Doesn’t make much sense to me.

1 Like

i don’t think that’s a bug, I think that’s just how the censoring works.

I’ve seen other topics use it, I don’t know why it doesn’t work on this one.

@TheMOCingbird’s probably right. I’m not sure exactly how much control staff has over the actual inner workings of the hosting platform, so I’m not sure if this is something that can fixed with a couple of alterations to the way censors are handled.

It’s confusing, though, because clearly this is an issue specific to topic titles. You can easily type the word “assault” in the body of a post and the site will recognize it as a different word than what it’s trying to censor. Surely the same functionality exists for topic titles?

For now, though, the common workaround I’ve seen people use is A$$ault, or otherwise altering the spelling and letting people know it’s because of the censoring.

This has been brought up before.

I believe it’s an issue with Discourse itself, and not the boards specifically.

Given that the question has been answered. I’m not sure if there’s much need for this topic anymore, so I’m closing it