Barbator, Toa of Air

Nearly fatally wounded in battle with the Makuta, the Toa’s body has been specially augmented to combat them.

29 Likes

I like that weapon design a-lot, nice design!

4 Likes

You got a lot of detail put into this.
Good job.
Also, is that weapon based off of the sword from doom?

3 Likes

how does he fly with just the one wing?

2 Likes

Air power

@ChubChub86 maybe subconsciously, but I was swapping the blade piece with a few different ones while I was building it

3 Likes

well I have never seen the marbled inika kongu foot used so flawlessly, well done. I could rant about how much I love this moc for ages, tell me if you want me to

4 Likes

I didn’t notice the asymmetry between the two shoulders, that’s a great detail

4 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought that the Hydro Blade piece could be used in a sword, but it’s done really well here. Are those just laser-blades on the edges, or do the translucent pieces represent something else?

The robotic bits are also done really well. They all strike a really good balance of symmetry with the original halves and the asymmetry of prosthetic parts. As said above, the use of a solid green shoulder on one side and the marbled silver-green shoulder on the other is a great use of that marbled foot piece.

6 Likes

So frickin sick. That sword, the wing, the poses. For what looks to be a fairly simple build overall, you did a great job of making the mechanical bits look nice and greebley. Top notch work as always.

4 Likes

@TheJerminator I picture the weapon as being a type of flail initially, then when he activated the lasers on the sides it goes rigid and takes the shape of a sword if that makes sense

4 Likes

Yeah, I get it. That’s a super cool idea.

Do the different laser colours represent different things?

2 Likes