Barranai Nui

So RSG dropped this: https://www.redstargames.org/barranai-nui

It’s Barrai-Nui, a add-on for Warhammer 40k: 8th, the miniature wargame. It’s got the main rulebook, as well as 11 “codexes” which give additional rules and statblocks for the various factions.

You’ve got: Bohrok Swarms, Xian Corporate Alliance, Toa Heroes, Brotherhood of Makuta, Metru Nui Loyalists, Skakdi Raiders, The Visorak Horde, The league of Six Kingdoms, The Matoran Guard, The Dark Hunters, and the Order of Mata Nui.

11 Likes

That’s pretty cool

A miniature wargame from Red Star Gaming. You put a bunch of miniatures into an army, put them on the table, and play out a battle game.

1 Like

ooh!
does it use the bionicle playset figs?

Depends on the battle size, but in theory the 500pts game size should be small enough to use them. It’s built off of warhammer 40k, which is 28mm scale (A regular human model is 28mm from feet to head), and this game is 28mm as well, so it’s designed for that scale. But you could make it work. And I’m sure people will come out with 3d models or printouts soon enough.

1 Like

confused unga bunga

It’s designed for little miniatures, not the sets, but you could make it work with the smallest game size.

This guy is a 28mm Resin miniature. (he’s still on the Key, which is that little block connected to his feet) You can see a coin next to him to get an idea of size. You’d cut him off the key, stick him on a base, then paint him up how you’d want him to look. Minis are usually either plastic, resin or metal. Plastic is cheapest and easiest to work with, but expensive to start up on the person making them. Resin is dead cheap, but somewhat difficult to work with and make. Metal mini’s are relatively easy to work with as long as you don’t want to cut things off, but can be expensive to make, and their weight is an issue at times. (and older ones are often made with lead.)

They do intend to sell their own minis, but they’re not ready yet.

I suppose I should actually ask, since I’ve been following it since release:
anybody else looking for someone to play against? I run the Bohrok Swarms, and havent had a chance to play someone yet.

3 Likes

so like how do you play without minis
isn’t that kinda an important part

Instead of minis, players use tokens.

Not sure I can post the link, but Red Star Games has a “looking for players” channel on their Discord server, and there’s usually two or three people down to play some BN.

1 Like