Belgium Support Topic

Today more than 30 people were killed and over 230 injured in bomb attacks on Brussels’ Zaventem airport and a metro station in the Belgian capital this morning with ISIS claiming responsibility for the attacks. Twenty people died as a result of the explosion at the Maelbeek metro station and 10 from the two blasts at the airport.

As a message from the community “we are with you” and i feel this is a reminder to us all that this world is connected.

Please reply where you’re from, and express your message of support.

I would encourage anyone who wants to show support in other ways to check here for different methods;

22 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I’m from Arizona, but I also have french blood, and since the last attack on Paris I’ve just hoped for the best for all the other countries that ISIS could choose to attack. My best wishes and prayers to those dead and injured.

11 Likes

As White_Rainbow said, my prayers go out to them and I hope any perpetrators who survived the attack are captured and arrested.

11 Likes

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families, and that justice may be served to those responsible.

5 Likes

My prayers and support go out to them.

2 Likes

My best wishes and prayers go out those wounded and those that were killed.

######Why do people commit such acts of terror.

4 Likes

I’m from Michigan, US. But my best friend is Belgian. I pray that these senselessly violent people will be stopped, and the shedding of innocent blood will cease.

3 Likes

It’s a tragedy that so many innocent lives have to be taken just like that. My heart goes out to the victims and the victims families.

8 Likes

Blind idealism, mostly, but also because bad people teach them that human suffering is a method of achieving some fallacious greater good. In the end, it’s hatred and bigotry, and the lust for power, in whatever form it might be. When it’s inflamed enough, people become twisted and enslaved to it.

That, above all, is the key when thinking about these people. They say they are liberators and freedom fighters trying to bring about change to the “true ideal,” but they are no more than slaves, and the only power they will ever have is the power we give them. That’s why we fight them, and why we must never let their message of hate be spread, because then they will get exactly what they want…attention and fame.

My prayers for the people of Belgium, and for the swift end to hatred and violence of all kinds, large and small…

8 Likes

I’m from New York.

I couldn’t have worded this better myself, Blu.

Political issues are no reason for innocent people to be harmed, in my opinion.

I honestly feel bad for the people of Blegium. First they lose the Quiddich World Cup, now this. :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m working on finding an e-mail address for letters of condolence, similar to the one set up by the French embassy during the attacks last year.

2 Likes

My heart goes out to those hurt in the attack. Hopefully this will cease in the later days.

3 Likes

I don’t have any French or Belgian friends, but my heart goes out to all those affected by these heartless acts of terror

I really hope that this is not an implication for an attack on the U.K., because that is going to affect me even worse than these two attacks

2 Likes

My heart and support goes out to all that were affected by this horrific act. Let’s hope this is the last of them.

2 Likes

I will always pray for those harmed by the acts of godless people. Innocent people should not have to suffer because of the acts of a selfish few. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. But it can be changed if we learn to love one another.

3 Likes

I don’t like to release exactly where I’m from, but I am a proud American citizen who is deeply amiable to all the people of Belgium who have suffered in recent days, including the dead, wounded and there loved ones. It is my sincere hope that they can, with the aid of other nations, suceed in overcoming this massive tragedy and, hopefully, strengthen themselves so that these attacks become extinct. Terrorism is a sad, sad reality. Good luck and best wishes to everyone affected by this, and everyone who wishes it to someday be a thing of the past.

-Azani

3 Likes

I’m an American (Virginian to be exact) and my heart goes out to anyone who suffered because of this. It’s insane, cruel, inhumane and honestly, completely terrifying. I’m lucky enough to not have any of my loved ones harmed, but that can’t be said for the families of the victims. And if you have been directly or indirectly affected by this tragedy, my deepest condolences. If ya want to talk about it, or just want to keep your mind off of it, shoot me a PM. I’ll be glad to talk with you

–Matthew

7 Likes

As an Arizonan I have no connections to these people whatsoever but I will make sure that the legacy of the victims in the tragedy live on and will be remembered

1 Like

Mayple, that is so kind of you. After reading what you had to say, despite not being affected by this, it’s compelling to see such passion and concern over this.

6 Likes