Best games of 2014

among all of the disappointment this year, there are lights among the shadows, here is what you think the best games of the year are, mine are
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor: surprised me, it has the nemisis system which made me get relly ticked off hen someone bested me, I just wanted vengeance, the story is pretty good too

Halo: The Master Chief Collection: I know it’s broken but it’s still a really good game and if you would, call it a monument to all your sins

Dragon Age Inquisition: Don’t have much to say, it’s really good, Mass Effect 4, do not fail me

Far Cry 4: Solid game, loved running around with my buddies blowing stuff up

Alien Isolation: Dear lord the terror was real

Sunset Overdrive: It was funny and full of action, it was like a Deadpool game sorta

Honorable Mentions

Titanfall: It’s like candy too much of it is bad for you, but n small dosses it’s great

Five nights at Freddy’s 1 and 2: I think they are pretty solid horror games, they have the community itself confused and trying to figure out the story, when that happens you know you’ve done something right

Watchdogs: Not everything I wanted but still it was okay

Last of US: Technically does not qualify but I played it this year and it was pretty good

6 Likes

Super Smash Bros. 4. That is all.

4 Likes

I liked supersmashbrosbrawl

LoU Remastered counts technically =P

Love that game. Anyways, my list is:

Assassin’s Creed Unity: Another great AC story, I just wish that we could DO something in the revolution, instead of just live in the time period.

Destiny: Great FPS MMO RPG that I will continue playing for a long while.

Unfortunately, I have to put CoD: Advanced Warfare here. I normally very extremely dislike CoD games, but, uh… This one was actually really good.

Dragon Age Inquisistion: Just OMG. Love at first playthrough.

I haven’t really played any other new games…

OH WAIT

LEGO BIONICLE for iOS/Android: Solid mechanics, 0 glitches, the best 4k graphics, intense and interesting fight mechanics absolutely beautiful stealth mechanics, challenging puzzles, and the most hardcore endgame boss you will ever meet. /s

6 Likes

Hmm… this is really tough, but I have to go with Pokemon ORAS.

As for some other great games from last year.

This…is hard. It shall be filled out later.

Dark Souls II (Praise the sun! :sunny:)
This is honestly the only game that came out in 2014 that I put significant time into (~90 hours so far). I own a few others (such as The Banner Saga), but I haven’t gotten to know them well enough. But yeah, DSII is freaking amazing. I can’t stop playing it, and I also can’t wait for the new update coming soon :joy:

I must ask out of curiosity, what console do you play on?

I play the Playstation 4.

I’ll be very dissappointed if we can’t play together D=

1 Like

I used to play on the 360. It’s a shame.

2 Likes

Hm , there were quite a few games that I’ve enjoyed from 2014. I think I’ll mention a few of those, as well as a few honourable mentions.

Watch Dogs - While it was a disappointment for some, I was one of those people that really enjoyed it for what it was. While the story was decent, it was mostly the gameplay that made finish the game since it was a lot of fun.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Really fun game that truly felt like watching an episode of the series. I also liked how the turn-based combat was a bit more engaging than those combat systems tend to be, with me having to press a button at the right moment to succed with an attack or block an enemys.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Good to finally see a CoD game that actually feels fresh and not just completely rehashed. While the story was overly predictable and not really original (Tom Clancy’s Hawx has almost the exact same story, only with aircrafts instead of exosuits), it was still enjoyable and I had some fun with the multiplayer.

Far Cry 4 - While the story hasn’t really grabbed me, I’ve had a ton of fun just doing random stuff in the most inviting world to explore since Skyrim. Really beautiful game, and the fact you can ride on elephants is almost enough to warrant it being one of the best games of the year.

Alien: Isolation - Oh man, this game was quite a ride from start to finish. I never really felt safe when exploring Sevastopol, and each encounter with the titular alien is one of the most frightening and scary experiences I’ve ever had in a videogame. Also, the great graphics were a really nice bonus, especially the design.

Honourable mentions:

Ace Combat Infinity - Mostly because it’s the game I’ve played the most with around 300 hours of game time (including menues and letting the game still be on for smaller breaks though), but it has been an enjoyable time as well. I don’t completely agree with the microtransations and the massive grinding one has to do in order to get nice stuff, but as I said I’ve been enjoying it still. I also really liked the campaign, while it was fairly short it was still really awesome, and I do hope the story will be continued in some way or another.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Didn’t really expect this game to be as good as I think it is, but it is. The combination of Assassin’s Creed and the Arkham games sure do work together. While the story is okay at best, I’m a big fan of the whole Nemesis system which pretty much makes each playthrough unique by letting the player create his or her own story.

2 Likes

Ahem
Shovel knight

Oh you beautiful game you
Like, if you havent played it yet
play it now
now

SSB4
Its smash bros
its good

play it now.

also
once I get my ps3 working and get Kh2.5
That will be here

2 Likes

Pokémon ORAS

Ruby was my first Pokémon game, so I loved ORAS.
The new features are nice and it still feels like the old games.
8/8 gr8 game m8

SSB4

Again, a new version of a game I’ve loved for years.
I got SSBM right before SSBB was released in Europe.
Everytime one of my friends came over we would play versus mode.

1 Like

SSB4

Subpar Smack Bruthas 4?

/s

Super Smash Bros For 3DS and Wii U

Mario Kart 8

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Unfortuanltey I wasn’t able to play a lot of games on the non Nintendo consoles (mostly due to me not owning them) but I was able to catch up on a lot of Xbox 360 games I’d never gotten around to playing so there’s that. I do plan on getting a PS4 or Xbox One eventually but I need one of them to release an exclusive game that I care about since most of the games I want are for both systems.

Left Smash Bros off mine because, to me, the quality of a fighting game is mostly determined in the years after its launch as the metagame and matchups are fully fleshed out.

So with that in mind here we go, Top 5+1

Honorable Mentions: Fak u 2014

5+1) Middle Earth: Shadow of MOOORRDOOORRR
5) Shovel Knight
4) Alien: Isolation
3) Bayonetta 2
2) The Wolf Among Us

1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

-MT

4 Likes

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) oh boy

1 Like

Did you seriously use the Lenny Face?

1 Like

Is that what is called, k. Its just I dont believe in the ME crew for them to make the game good (unless they do a dark energy plot line). Dragon Age crew has never really betrayed us that much so I still trusted them.

1 Like

As weird as this sounds…FNaF 2… I just really enjoyed it. :smile_cat:

I think the only game from last that year I’ve played is South Park: The Stick of Truth. It was more or less the perfect South Park video game.

I just got Transistor, though. I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes