Best Games of 2015

Ya TFA is everywhere XD

Halo 5: Guardians,

Huh. This year was actually pretty uneventful for gaming.

Here’s hoping Xenoblade Chronicles X will be on this list.

HOW COULD ONE SAY THIS?

#####Unless there is a level of irony I am not reciving.

3 Likes

Not a lot of major titles were released. Most of this year was rereleases, updates, dlc, etc. In fact, many games were delayed until next year (Zelda Wii U, Star Fox Zero, among others). Especially compared to last years major releases like Smash 4, Dragon Age Inquisition, Destiny, Wolfenstein, Borderlands the Pre Sequel, Titanfall, etc.

1 Like

Um… Arkham knight, JC3, Fallout 4, MGSV, Battlefront, Halo 5, Bloodborne, rainbow six siege…

Although it may not have been a great year for you personally, 2015 was a great year for gaming.

Mad Max, KSP, Super Mario Maker, Rocket league, Battlefield hardline, Starcraft 2:legacy of the void, SOMA and plenty more.

2 Likes

I played the hell out of splatoon. not so much anymore. I gues I got burned out on it.

I dunno. It’s just, I don’t think of a lot of those titles as major releases, not because they aren’t good, but because they just kinda… slip out of our collective minds. Like, outside of the Dark Souls fanbase, how often have you talked about Bloodborne? Cause me and my friends were kinda like, “Ohey Bloodborne’s out.”

Maybe it’s just me, but I just can’t see them like that.

There’s been a lot of great games this year, many which I’ve unfortunatly missed as well, but the ones who stand out the most for me are Rainbow Six: Siege, Batman: Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefront, SOMA and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

TRANSFORMERS DEVASATION and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

Only new games I played this year sadly. :pensive:

2 Likes

CoD Black ops 3 was pretty good IMO.

Battlefront is amazing!

Destiny: The Taken King. I know this will be a little controversial. Yes, Destiny was released last year but The Taken King was basically a new game :stuck_out_tongue:

Halo 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider top my list.

Seeing the shallow game that is Battlefront so high on people’s lists. Probably cause it’s starwars

4 Likes

You right now

2 Likes

People can like it, just objectively its an average, shallow game that has little content. It makes halo 5 look like a crazy content-packed game.

2 Likes

The thing about entertainment though, is that there are no such things as a objectively good movie, or a objectively bad game. It’s just about subjectivety. Sure, Battlefront may not have as much content as Halo 5 or Black Ops 3, but it still dosen’t make it an objectively average game. Stating that a game is objectively good or bad is, in my eyes at least, implying that someone has decided what a good game is and that every single person on the planet thinks the same, which is simply impossible.

The game is just a basic shooter, it’s popular similarly because it’s starwars. With out that title, it’s just a shallow game that you have to dump over $100 in to play the actual game that just looks pretty. It is objectively an average game, subjectively you can like the game how ever much you like, it doesn’t make it a good game.

Look at it this way, I could like one star b-movies and love them to death. They are still terrible movies and just because I like them, it doesn’t make them good.

But what makes a good game is still just about subjectivety, for instance I really like Metal Gear Solid V because of its gameplay, whereas a lot of people are bashing on it because the story is not on the same level as previous games. Different people simply have different thoughts of what makes a game good.

Now, there are of course certain aspects that are facts. Is Battlefront a basic and casual game? Yes. Does it have very little content compared to some other games? Yes. Does it have an over-priced Season Pass? Definitively. But even though all these are facts, it still dosen’t say what is objectively good or bad. Is Battlefront being basic a bad thing? Not necessarily, as it depends on who you ask.

Your example regarding b-movies is funnily enough something I thought of myself beforehand, but didn’t bring up. And I actually still disagree, simply because there are a lot of people that are enjoying such movies. Yes, while these movies for the most part have bad acting, bad scripts and bad special effects, the fact that many people can still find an entertainment purpose with those movies is something noteworthy. If they were considered objectively bad, no one would like them at all.

And I personally believe that is what lies in the core, if a game or movie were truly objectively good or bad, then there wouldn’t be different opinions at all. If a game would be objectively good, then there would not be a single person that would think it’s a bad game, and vice versa. If Battlefront were an objectively average game, then everyone would think that game is average. But that’s not how it is, some people certainly find it to be average, whereas some people thinks it’s a good game or even that it’s a bad game.

But that’s just my two cents about it, and I guess you could say that the discussion regarding objectivity within entertainment is… subjective. :smile:

Now I may not agree with you, as I’m a pretty objective guy and like things well rounded and not just good in one area, but I do respect what you are saying and can understand where you’re coming from.

1 Like

This is the saltiest topic to date.

5 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/ZDmrs19.gif?1

1 Like