Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

Speedy man,
speedy man,
does whatever he can to evade copyright

6 Likes

Spiderman saw the Flash and said “I can do better.” Now he’s Speedy-man. He doesn’t actually have super speed though. No one tell him.

5 Likes

Found this in a thrift store and had to buy it, even though I don’t like the show. Michael has seen some stuff.

7 Likes

Behold, the best lego boot-legs

15 Likes

funny guy

6 Likes

Found these on ebay recently. The Mobile warrior looks more exo-force-ish than bionicle.

4 Likes

“Mobile Warrior” is actually a bootleg of Maelstrom from Mega Bloks Gyro Fighters:

5 Likes

Welcome to the party house @Mangaia

4 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

I have to say, it’s hard to tell if fake Breez’s subtitle of Roughneck is a troop class or her last name

neither option sounds great

6 Likes

Interesting how they went the route of the animations and used Glatorian heads on all the heroes.

1 Like

Interesting that Breerez is the onyl one with a 4.0 helment rathr than a 2.0 helmet.

2 Likes

What if it’s both? :thinking:

2 Likes

i used to have that furno
got chewed up by my dog tho

3 Likes

I remember seeing this lego ideas build a while back and I was really hoping it would make it and then just a few days ago this

Heres the actual and original build.

I know its no secret that knock off lego companies do this but this was just me seeing it first hand.

7 Likes

his ears got inverted and flattened

4 Likes

i used to have a decool mata nui now the only remains of that bootlegs is the counter the feet the chest armor and some of the armors and weapons no body but still have the ignika but the peg broke it held up well but it finally broke in 2018? 19? and i cut off the some part of the mask to make him resemble the movie version kinda regret that

2 Likes

I love how the packaging seems to use some superior toy model zords yet in the very corner of box it shows how their brick model actually looks; that megazord esspecially looks so sad and pathetic compared to the proud stance of I think the hasbro MM megazord toy.

6 Likes

They doubled up on Yellow and Red, but they completely omitted Pink!

(Also, why isn’t Lego doing Power Ranger now that they are working with Hasbro properties? That’s just asking to make money!)

Speaking of Power Rangers, it has probably been brought up before, but I am super impressed by these figures from KSZ:

I usually feel like custom PR figures don’t look quite right (the helmets are too big or too small, there is too much or too little printing/detailing, they look too fake, etc.).

Then in comes KSZ, makes the most perfectly scaled, Lego-styled Power Rangers Minifigures, chooses Mystic Force of all Ranger teams, refuses to elaborate, and then never makes any more.

They didn’t even make this when Mystic Force was coming out, or relevant at all! This was in 2017, I think. That’s like having to choose only one LotR movie to make into a Lego set, and choosing Desolation of Smaug long after it’s already out.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

6 Likes

Even if it wasn’t power rangers directly I’m surprised lego hasn’t made a toku based theme. I’m still waiting on a super warrior yellow, blue, and other colors to be released in future CMF series.
The main mecha even offers a good built in reason to buy the whole wave to combine the parts.

4 Likes

I came across this guy on Brickshelf. I find it very intriguing:

At first I thought it’s just a MOC, but many of the parts never existed in these colors (Kraahkan in silver or double socket connectors in orange) and the pieces that make up the torso are unlike anything Lego ever made (just realized that it looks like a copy of a Mega Bloks Gyro Fighters torso mold). Now I’m curious to know who made this and what it’s called, but I can’t find anything about it. Only info is that it’s from 2009 or earlier and that it was apparently sold in Vietnam.

Here’s the original folder, with two more photos: Brickshelf Gallery - This is a bionicle i bought in vietnam

5 Likes