Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

Paint easily rubs off of pins and axels because the holes for them are a relatively snug fit. If you paint them the paint scratches of or it stays in the hole forever because the paint added thickness

4 Likes

I see, but as far as I know, spray paint is really thin and holds very well, I haven’t tryed myself though (but will).
Also, I haven’t thought about disonnecting the part many times, only about connecting it once to the model, so paint won’t scratch off. But if talking about MOCing and many-times-usage, than it might not work so well of course.

Spray paint is thin but brittle and it scratches really easily even after one or two uses (if it isn’t the super resistent one that needs to be activated and if you don’t use it within a day or two becomes a brick inside the can). For repeated use dying the plastic is a better solution because it doesn’t add thickness at all. I’ve seen it done a couple of times with dyes for synthetic cloth unfortunately it works well only on pieces that start white (because you can tint them any color). You could however still die any piece black since it’s a very dark color. The problem with dying is that the dye is hard to find or expansive

paint is fine for most pieces that don’t rub against anything (such as masks) but it should be avoided for balljoints, pins and axeòs

3 Likes

Spray paint is actually almost worse
when it dries, it’s almost sticky. I spray painted a model tank of mine, but since I painted the turret ring and bottom of the turret, the turret can’t turn because the spray paint is increasing the friction to the point where it won’t.

1 Like

Of course they’re not official Lego. This is the bootlegs thread after all.

Spray paint, or any kind of paint definitely won’t work. The precision engineering for those parts is such that even a micron increase in the part (from a single layer of paint) would make them not fit together anymore.

2 Likes

White is the only non official though. Black has been discontinued but it was the main color in the first few years of bionicle. Also if it’s just for looks a simple sharpie does a good job as well.

Lego did, in fact, release white axle-pins. They came in the Bahrag.

2 Likes

Ah. I think I got some rahi back then but I never picked up any of the larger sets other then makuta. Well I’d be curious to see the bootlegs with official parts since those two colors are hard to find now in good quantity.

I bought a bunch of them, so I will post pics when I get them in 6-8 weeks. I got around 20 different types of Technic parts that are either really expensive on bricklink, or don’t even exist.

I’ll be the quality control guinea pig for y’all. lol

7 Likes

No hard feelings. You just had the most money to throw away.

2 Likes

sus

14 Likes

New galaxy brain IQ play: the imposters are the ones with pot bellies.

3 Likes

and arms

1 Like

yep that too

AMOGUS!?!?!?111!?

2 Likes

It was only a matter of time…

Fake Lego had made my day again /s

tbh Among us was fine to begin with its just the 10yr olds, memes, over saturation and layers of irony that have killed it and turned it into the viral mess it is now

3 Likes

The minifigure leg ones almost look like the starting point for a reasonable adaption, but the… um… blobs… :stuck_out_tongue:

At least they successfully identified which franchise their bootleg is from, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

mmm

Amogus

2 Likes

Have you ever wanted a Disney princess-themed lego death star? Well now you can!

21 Likes

Actually, no. Thanks for the heads up, though.

3 Likes